Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:34 am   Post subject: Publishing projects --> two folders: Whats the second for?

I've from time to time experienced by publishing projects receiving two folders: one with the project-html (data and index-file) with "(Web)" appended to the name and a second folder (no addition to name) with several empty folders and two 1 Kb files of a kind unknown.

Can anyone explain what this second folder is for and on which occasion it's formed?

Kind regards,
Michael

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:11 pm   Post subject: Re: Publishing projects --> two folders: Whats the second fo

Thank you for posting here!

While creating and editing your presentation (before publishing) iSpring creates a so-called Source folder where you can find all resources that were embedded with iSpring (e.g. quizzes, audio/video narration etc.) and al the files are kept in sub-folders (e.g. quiz, audio, video, attachments etc.).
This folder is very important since if you move your presentation separately from the Source folder iSpring will not be able to find the resources that were embedded (the uuid file in the Source folder allows to recognize the presentation and match it to resources).

And after publishing you have the Output folder where your published presentation is kept. There you can find the index.html/html5.html files and the Data folder where you can find all files that are necessary to play the presentation (e.g. player file, audio/video files, images, font files etc.) and it can have the extension according to the destination point that was selected in the Publishing window (Web, CD, LMS).

Please note that you can get rid of this extension manually or prevent adding this if you edit the language.xml file in the Notepad. Just open it and edit the following line (delete (LMS)):

<message id="IDS_FOLDER_SUFFIX_LMS"> (LMS)</message>

The language.xml file can be found in the folder where the program is installed (e.g. I can find it here: C:\Program Files\iSpring\product_name\lng)

I hope you find this information helpful!

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Publishing projects --> two folders: Whats the second fo

Very helpful indeed, thanks :)

Yet:

(1) How comes then that the folders in the Source folder, as far as I observe, appears to be empty?
(2) Is it not so, that the objects used in the presentation are the actual source "files" and thus contain whats needed for future versions?

Kind regards,
Michael

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:53 am   Post subject: Re: Publishing projects --> two folders: Whats the second fo

Let me answer the questions in the order they were asked:

1) All folders will be created whenever you have something in there or not. In other words, if you are using iSpring Presenter 7 and there is no a quiz in a current presentation, the quiz folder will be created any way, but it will be empty.

2) You are right, the files that are located in the source folder can be used in future, however, this set of folders will be created automatically by iSpring and filled only if you have an appropriate file (e.g. the quiz file, see above).

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:24 am   Post subject: Re: Publishing projects --> two folders: Whats the second fo

Very good -- thanks alot.

Kind regards, Mikael

Ps. Forgot to ask you in my previous posts: Do you know where (if a such text exist) to read more about this in the iSpring Help Docs:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/7/index.jsp?topic=/quizmaker.7/desktop/slide_view_summary.html?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:14 am   Post subject: Re: Publishing projects --> two folders: Whats the second fo

It seems I did not quite understand the question. Did you mean more information about the Slide View editor and its features?
If yes, you can find all the information if you follow the link that you sent in your message before.
Maybe you meant some thing different, in this case, would you mind to explain?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:40 am   Post subject: Re: Publishing projects --> two folders: Whats the second fo

Thanks.
No sorry -- I'm unprecise. I just meant a help page describing the matter of the iSpring source folder, we've discussed.

I thought perhaps there where documentation or info about this in the manual I could send to my client.

The link provided was just a hint describing which help doc pages I meant.

Kind regards, M.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:25 am   Post subject: Re: Publishing projects --> two folders: Whats the second fo

It seems we do not have such an article on our website or in our K-base.
However, I believe we need it.
I will share your suggestion with our team, and this article will be written!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:34 am   Post subject: Re: Publishing projects --> two folders: Whats the second fo

Thanks for your responses in this thread :)
Kind regards, Michael

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:44 am   Post subject: Re: Publishing projects --> two folders: Whats the second fo

Michael, it was my pleasure to answer your questions!
I believe this conversation will be helpful for other users in the future!

Profile profile test