Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:11 am   Post subject: Quizmaker 7 result sending

Hi,
I have a peculiar problem getting quiz maker to reliably update my server. I have made a simple php script to add the post form data to a mysql database. It worked great with one of my quizzes. I have made two quizzes total, and two of them will update the database just fine. For the other two quizzes, when I finish the quiz, I am notified there was an error sending results to the server. The same link is given for the server in the results tab of the properties for each quiz--it's copied and pasted, in fact. The raw data for the quiz results should be identically formatted for each quiz, I would think, so I can't for the life of me figure out why some quizzes would be successful and others would not. It would be helpful, of course, if I could get more detailed error reporting, is there a way to do that? Does anyone else have any ideas how I could go about troubleshooting that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker 7 result sending

Thank you for posting here!

Can I ask you to provide me with some more details regarding this issue via email? It is rather difficult to suggest a ground-based solution without having something to look on.
It would be very helpful to know the format that the quizzes were published to and the environment where the quizzes were taken (on the web or locally).

All the information can be sent to support@ispringsolutions.com

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker 7 result sending

Thanks for replying.

The problem seems to occur when taking the quizzes on the web. When I publish the quiz, it automatically previews the quiz locally, and when I do that, it updates my web-based database. When I post it on my website, though, and take the quiz, it will send the email just fine but give me the error about sending to the server.

This is a problem for two of my quizzes, but not for the other two. Those work just fine either locally or on the web.

I published all of them the same way--using the Web tab and selecting Desktop (flash) and ticking the all in one flash file. I also tried a mobile (HTML5) file and had the same problem.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:52 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker 7 result sending

Thank you for your prompt reply!

It can be that the results were not sent due to the cross-domain policy restrictions.
Please add out mail-server to trusted in your crossdomain.xml file:
http://s4.ispringsolutions.com/ (IP 67.228.176.59)

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker 7 result sending

Where do I find crossdomain.xml?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker 7 result sending

Let me please suggest taking a look on this article on this topic that includes the cross-domain policy specfication:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/articles/cr ... _spec.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:17 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker 7 result sending

Thanks for the link, but I don't suppose you could just quickly tell me--is this a file I need to have in the root folder of my web server or something on that side, or if it is something I need to manipulate in the filed produced by quizmaker?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker 7 result sending

You are right, the file should be located in the root folder on the server.
The most common location for a policy file on a server is in the root directory of a target domain with the filename crossdomain.xml (e.g. http://example.com/crossdomain.xml) — the default location that clients check when a policy file is required.

Source:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/adobe-media ... aming.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:56 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker 7 result sending

I placed the following in my root directory, named it crossdomain.xml, and it did not help (my website is alpineanimalclinic.com).

Code:
<cross-domain-policy>
<allow-access-from domain="www.alpineanimalclinic.com"/>
<allow-access-from domain="alpineanimalclinic.com"/>
<allow-access-from domain="http://s4.ispringsolutions.com/"/>
<allow-access-from domain="www.s4.ispringsolutions.com/"/>
<allow-access-from domain="s4.ispringsolutions.com/"/>
</cross-domain-policy>

Any other ideas, particularly in regards to how I might be able to troubleshoot this?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker 7 result sending

Can I ask you to provide with the link to the quiz\course via email (support@ispringsolutions.com), so our engineers will be able to look into this deeper and research this issue in details?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:28 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker 7 result sending

When I didn't have any other ideas, I just deleted the quizzes from the website and then reposted them. I am not sure what magic happened when I did that, but something worked. Why the quizzes were accessible on the web, and functioned perfectly normally, except for the inability to post the form data, I have no idea. If I ever figure out why as I continue to get more familiar with this process, I will post it for the benefit of others, but for now I would just put this out there as a necessary step in troubleshooting "weird" problems with the quizzes: Just delete the quizzes from your webserver, try re-posting them, and see if that works.

Thanks for your replies.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Quizmaker 7 result sending

Glad to hear the good news! I believe your experience will be very helpful for other users!
In any case, if you have any questions, please let us know!

Profile profile test