Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:15 am   Post subject: Hosting iSpring Presenter videos with Amazon?

We wish to play our iSpring Presenter videos on our website (and ONLY on our website). They will be contained within a protected, Membership Area of our site. We need the videos to stream quickly for our members, who will be accessing them from various parts of the world.

The problem we have is finding a way to host these videos (10 in total, each of 20 - 40 minutes duration) OFF our server. We understand that Vimeo Pro does not support the HTML5/Flash fallback video format.

Amazon S3 with Cloudfront looks like a possibility but we have been unable to find out whether this solution would work with iSpring videos.

The iSpring LMS has been suggested to us, however it is expensive for what we need and we don't require the LMS functionality.

Does anyone have a solution?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Hosting iSpring Presenter videos with Amazon?

Thank you for posting here!

Let me please suggest that you try out our cloud-based service, iSpring Cloud:
https://www.ispringsolutions.com/ispring-cloud

With this service you can host your videos or presentations that are created with iSpring and use them as external resources (e.g. Web-objects) or/and integrate them into your website using the embed-code.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Hosting iSpring Presenter videos with Amazon?

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your response. We had considered iCloud but we understood that our videos would have to be made public to use the service (and that this would mean anyone could access them).

We need to ensure that our videos are private so that only our paid members are able to view them on our site.

Is this possible with iCloud? If so, how would we set this up please to ensure that our videos are secure and private?

Thank you very much

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Hosting iSpring Presenter videos with Amazon?

Thank you for your reply!

I completely understand your concerns about your content safety!
At present time our engineers are working on the security components (e.g. domain restriction).

Of course we can always suggest that you try another hosting service, but I do not feel quite able to suggest one for you as you know best what your requirements for one would be.
I wish I could be of more help!

Of course if you have any other questions about iSpring products, please let me know and I will get back to you ASAP!

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Hosting iSpring Presenter videos with Amazon?

Hi again Vladimir,

As mentioned previously, our requirements are simple:

1. We need a host that accepts the iSpring video format (HTML5/Flash fallback) and
2. We need to be able to keep our videos private (not public as with iCloud)

It seems strange that iSpring has developed a product which can be uploaded to a web server for global viewing, but can't tell us what the hosting options are for this (that keep our content secure).

Surely you must have other customers with these same requirements? Is this something your engineers could test with Amazon S3?

We have invested heavily into the iSpring product and are frustrated that we can't find a way to use what we have created.

Thank you

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Hosting iSpring Presenter videos with Amazon?

Thank you for your reply!

Sorry to hear that you are not quite satisfied with what you can achieve with iSpring!
However, we can not temper our customers to use some specific hosting services, we can only suggest that they use ours or general secured FTP servers. And we also do not ask our customers to send us reports on how they are using iSpring since this is their intellectual and (often!) confidential information.
That is why we do not suggest any specific hosting services since it is something that should be of your control!

Thank you for your understanding!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Hosting iSpring Presenter videos with Amazon?

Thank you for your response. I think perhaps I have not explained myself properly. I think the problem here is our lack of understanding and knowledge. I wonder if perhaps I have made this more confusing than it needs to be!

Our difficulty is that we don't have a technical background and don't really understand how hosting works. So we don't know the right questions to ask in finding an alternative hosting solution or how to go about this.

Our web developer has been unable to help, so we're not sure who else we can ask.

Perhaps I should have asked the question this way:

We understand that the iSpring videos can be hosted on:

1. The same server as our website (which we have been advised against)

2. An LMS (which isn't appropriate for us)

3. iSpring Cloud (which we understand won't protect our content).

Are these the only ways that iSpring videos can be hosted or are there other alternatives?

Your comment about the general secured FTP server is interesting. This is probably a stupid question, but what do you mean by a general secured FTP server? Would this be an option for us?

My apologies for my lack of technical knowledge and thank you again for your patience :)

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:49 am   Post subject: Re: Hosting iSpring Presenter videos with Amazon?

Dear Juliette,

It is a pleasure for me to assist you!
However, the best thing at this point is to compare different services that are widely represented on the Web:
http://ftp-hosting-services-review.toptenreviews.com/

Here is an article that explains general rules for FTP hosting:
https://www.siteground.com/ftp-hosting.htm

Since iSpring does not provide hosting service, I can not explain exact workflow of different services since they can vary.

Profile profile test