Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:03 am   Post subject: video format about mp4

i insert a "wmv" video into my presentation.Ispring change it into "mp4" auto.
But my server not support the "mp4" file,so that the video can not be see.
I know that i can change the MIME settings to accept "mp4",but i have no permission to do this.
Are there any way to let ispring use the "WMV" or other format video?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:11 am   Post subject: Re: video format about mp4

Thank you for posting here!

The thing is that encoding to .MP4 is a built-in option and can not be disabled. This is how the program is executed.
The reason of why all video files are re-formatted to .MP4 during the conversion process is that this format is supported by almost all plarforms (Windows, iOS, Android and others) and by different versions of the ones.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:56 am   Post subject: Re: video format about mp4

Thanks for your replay.

I can not change the server,so that i can not use the mp4.
May i only rename the video into "video1.wmv",but use the "mp4" code?

It seems be work well.

How to change the configuration file to load the video called "video1.wmv" which use the mp4 code?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:26 pm   Post subject: Re: video format about mp4

All the video files used in the presentation will be converted to MP4 and Webm format.
I regret to say that it's not possible to change the extension of the video file in the Data folder that iSpring creats or replace the video files.
Also .wav videos don't work on mobile devices and even. Some desktop browsers won't be able to process this type of video files.
If this is the key point for you in choosing the authoring tool, I think you may be better suited with some other program.
Thank you for understanding!

Profile profile test