Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:23 pm   Post subject: Presentation won't open in app

I have uploaded a presentation to the following URL: kiergroup.eys.es and it displays the 'launch' button to open it in iSpring as it should. However S soon as I press this on an iPad (iOS 9) it then defaults to the screen saying I need to download the app despite having it installed.

A fix would be greatly appreciated!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:37 pm   Post subject: Re: Presentation won't open in app

Thank you for the post!
The problem might occur if the presentation was created with the 7th version of the iSpring authoring tools.
If you would like to use iSpring Mobile app on iOS 9, the file should be created with the new version 8.
Let me please suggest that you send an email to our Support team, so that we can reply with the links to download and install the beta-version of iSpring Suite 8.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Presentation won't open in app

Hello,

I am here with a follow-up to the previous post.
The 8th version of iSpring Suite is compatible with iOS 9. You can view presentations that were published with Suite 8 on iOS 9 devices in iSpring Viewer.
This improvement is also added to the 7th version.
Please note that you need to re-publish the presentations with updated version of the authoring tool, as the fix will not impact previously published ones.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Presentation won't open in app

I am having this problem with both iSpring presenter 7 and iSpring pro 7. I've updated to the latest versions 7.1.0 build 8960.

I have ios 9.3.1. and the latest ispring play app.

I cannot get iSpring presos in Safari to load into the iSpring play app. I get the 'download from app store' button even though I have the app installed already.

Please help.

For that matter, why doesn't the iSpring app have the ability to enter a URL directly? Not having that feature almost seems like negligence.

And yes, I know that the iSpring 8 Suite would probably solve this problem, but the price is JACKED from the previous pro version, and I just need to re-publish some old presentations to support new iPads.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Presentation won't open in app

Thank you for the post!
It's perfectly understandable that you're very upset about what's happened.
Starting from the version 9, the iOS functionality has completely changed in regards of how the content is processed.
This way, I regret to say that the presentations published with the version 7 can't be opened in the iSpring mobile app on iOS 9.
It isn’t possible to solve this issue within version 7.1, as there will no longer be any releases of updates to this version.
So, the only way to use iSpring Play on iOS 9.0 and higher with the content created with the iSpring authoring tools is to use the most recent iSpring versions.
Thank you for understanding!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 4:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Presentation won't open in app

Well, that doesn't address the fact that the iSpring APP should be allowed to load in URLs itself. Its silly to rely on a browser to redirect the content loading - regardless of whether or not that broke in IOS 9. The app team should add that feature, period.

In any case, the fix for the safari redirect would NOT be difficult, because the redirect to the iSpring.app still works in IOS CHROME browser, and it sometimes works in Safari if you open the launch link in a new tab first (this depends on what version of IOS 9 is running). So its an issue with how the URL is being formed and interpreted by Safari. Its not an issue deep within the bowels of IOS 9 that requires complicated coding to fix. And if it works in iSpring 8 then that means that you already understand how to fix it.

The only conclusion I can make is that iSpring has made the business decision leave iSpring 7 broken to corner dependent version 7 users into updating to version 8 to fix issues. Regardless of whether or not it is Apple's fault with Safari under IOS 9, it is still a big disappointment.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 6:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Presentation won't open in app

Thank you for the post!
The version 7of the iSpring authoring tools was released long ago when iOS 9 was out.
I regret to say that with the release of a new software version, the updates of the previous versions are discontinued.
Thank you for understanding!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Presentation won't open in app

Thank you for not reading!

Keep iSpring 7 crippled with a wonky re-direct as a business decision to force upgrades - I no longer care - Even if you DID previously say that you would fix it.

But the IOS app should load in URLs directly as an option instead of relying on browser re-directs anyway. Its unfathomable that it doesn't do that already.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 8:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Presentation won't open in app

Dear Ray,
Could you please send your license key to support@ispringsolutions.com?
We'll check if the license was automatically upgraded to the most recent version 8.
Thank you in advance!

Profile profile test