Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:26 pm   Post subject: Installation of iSpring Presenter 8 on Windows 7

Hi there,

I've just downloaded and installed the iSpring Presenter 8 x64 installer. Every time I try to open PowerPoint, it crashes, as does Windows explorer. However, Word seems to work, as does Excel. Here are the details of my system:

O/S: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU: AMD A6 3400M
Video: AMD Radeon
RAM: 6 GB
MS Office: Office 2010 32-bit

I tried the 32-bit installer, but it wouldn't install as I have a 64-bit O/S. I've run "repair" on MS Office, but still nothing. Any thoughts on what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance,
David

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Installation of iSpring Presenter 8 on Windows 7

Thank you for posting here!

And did you try to unistall iSpring Presenter 8?
What happens if you remove the software following the steps below:
1) Close MS PowerPoint;
2) Delete iSpring from your computer via Control Panel --> Add or Remove Programs;
3) Delete the iSpring folder manually if it is not removed automatically: "C:\Program Files\iSpring";
4) Delete the iSpring Solutions folder manually if it is not removed automatically: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\iSpring Solutions";
5) Delete the iSpring Solutions folder manually: "C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\iSpring Solutions"
Please note: Step #5 is the most important! The AppData can be hidden and you need to show the hidden folders to see it.

And what happens after you install the most recent build (available on our website)?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Installation of iSpring Presenter 8 on Windows 7

Thanks Vladimir. I did steps 1 and 2, but did not delete any of the folders manually. I also didn't make any registry changes, but will try that as well (using CCleaner). I'll try your suggestions tonight and let you know.

I'm wondering whether the issue might be a conflict between the 64-bit version of the iSpring software and the 32-bit version of MS Office?

Thanks again,
David

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Installation of iSpring Presenter 8 on Windows 7

Thank you for your reply!

Please download the necessary .MSI file, as I will remove the links shortly.
Also, there is no compatibility issues with 64 Presenter and 32 PowerPoint, as iSpring version depends on the OS bit-version.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:48 pm   Post subject: Re: Installation of iSpring Presenter 8 on Windows 7

Hi,

I am having a similar issue. My ppt doesn't crash until after I have tried to publish with iSpring 8. Previously, I used iSpring 7, but have just upgraded to 8. I never had this problem with 7 and the first time I tried to publish with 8, I received an error message, 'power point to flash / html5 conversion issue.' When I did this, it took the same amount of time as it normally would so I thought it would publish, but it just keeps bringing up that error message. I created a support ticket, uploaded a scorm and ppt to we transfer. The only thing I received back was an email asking if I was using youtube videos, web objects or flash videos, which I don't have any of. She also sent information about a bug in an adobe update, however I had someone in our IT department check this out today and the latest update with the bug fix has been installed and everything else is up to date as well.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:42 pm   Post subject: Re: Installation of iSpring Presenter 8 on Windows 7

Julia, thank you for your strong willingness to sort this out.
My colleagues and I do our best to help you on this.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:22 am   Post subject: Re: Installation of iSpring Presenter 8 on Windows 7

I figured it out - the problem was a conflict between my video driver and PowerPoint. I had installed the AMD Catalyst Center 15.7.1 set of drivers, and that seemed to be the issue. I've rolled back to the latest driver from Windows Update and that seems to do the trick.

Thanks for the suggestions/help.
David

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:54 am   Post subject: Re: Installation of iSpring Presenter 8 on Windows 7

@David

Glad to hear that the issue is solved!
Yes, iSpring does not exist in an isolated environment, and different system conflicts (e.g. drivers vs. PowerPoint) can influence this, as desktop tools from iSpring are PowerPoint add-ins.

Profile profile test