Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:02 am   Post subject: Cannot use Equations Feature iSpring 8

I have been using iSpring through many iterations now, but it appears that the combination of Microsoft Office 2016 and iSpring 8 makes the equations feature of iSpring Suite Quizmaker unusable. There is no option to install the antiquated Equation Editor 3.0 in Office 2106, and it appears that iSpring 8 cannot create equations without it? Am I forced to switch to Adobe Captivate?

In playing with Quizmaker, I am realizing that it will not save, either. The program hangs when saving a quiz. The problem is occurring in Windows 10, Intel I-7 Samsung Laptop. The problem does not occur on my Surface 3 tablet.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:43 am   Post subject: Re: Cannot use Equations Feature iSpring 8

Is this not the place to post a technical question?

I re-installed Windows 10. I have deleted and re-installed iSpring Suite. I have tried installing Quizmaker 7. I encounter the same problem, which did not happen in the past. I cannot save a quiz. I cannot insert equations into a quiz.

It kind of makes the software useless. No response from tech support.

I prefer the interface of iSpring over Adobe Captivate, but it is beginning to look like I will be forced to make a switch.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Cannot use Equations Feature iSpring 8

Thank you for posting here!

First things first, requests that were received via email will be answered faster, as emails are of higher priority.
I have just answered to your email with a detailed explanation of what is needed to be done to get it working.

And answer for all who can run into this issue: iSpring QuizMaker 8 requires MS Office equation editor to insert equations.

Profile profile test