Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:38 pm   Post subject: iSpring 7, Office 2013, Won't Recognize Flash

Hello,

I have iSpring Suite 7, version 7.1.0 build 8960 and Powerpoint 2013. I'm trying to do several things, each of which results in the same error from iSpring. Here is the error:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx7GxtXsEuTqcXZuOGNTdXVqbEE/view?usp=sharing

This happens when I try to publish to a CD with the output option set to "Desktop (Flash)" and "All in one Flash file" checked. The other time this happens is if I try to use the "Quiz" button from the main ribbon bar on a PPT that has a quiz.

I have Adobe Flash Player 20 ActiveX installed, version 20.0.0.306. I checked it in both Chrome and Internet explorer and everything is fine there.

I tried running the "Repair" option for iSpring 7 from the control panel but it didn't solve the issue. I tried googling around but all I found was this: http://community.ispringsolutions.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1048

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions or workarounds?

Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:03 pm   Post subject: Re: iSpring 7, Office 2013, Won't Recognize Flash

@strickla

Thank you for the message!
As we discussed on phone conversation, if the ActiveX plugin for Internet Explorer is properly installed, then this issue is most likely caused by the antivirus software.

Some of our customers experienced a similar issue with Dr Web antivirus. After a recent update their antivirus started blocking Flash plugin in PowerPoint.
However, if you have this antivirus, you can resolve this just with changing it's settings.
1) Go to your Dr. Web Settings -> Protection components -> Preventive (Proactive) protection
2) Choose Operative Mode -> Optimal
3) Exploit Protection -> Allow to execute unauthorized code
You may need to restart your computer to activate new settings.

Although at the moment we don't have the same workaround for all antiviruses, we would be glad to help you to fix this! If you don't mind, we will continue researching this issue via email.
Thank you for cooperation!

Profile profile test