Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:23 pm   Post subject: Talking Head on iPhone

Hi guys,
Here is the problem we have:
On the iPhone 6 presentation starts in the talking head view instead of default slide view. The video pops-up and takes over the screen preventing you seeing the slides. If you minimize or close the video the presentation stops.

Is it possible somehow to make it show the slides and play only sound from the talking head video on the background?
What are the other possible solutions besides the installation of the iSpring app?

Thank you,
Gennady

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Talking Head on iPhone

Hello Gennady,

I regret to say this, but there is no way to view video narration simultaneously with presentation slides or play it on the background so that you hear only audio and see slides.
iSpring Play was designed for iPhone specially to overcome this limitation of iOS.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Talking Head on iPhone

Thank you Vladimir,
We asked about HTML5 to be default player with the Flash fallback ~ 2 years ago and after some time you guys implemented it.
So now I guess we need to wait some more time for you to implement the option to have alternative smartphone presentation with only audio playing, solution we described to you in a mid of June last year :)
The current solution that require users to install additional app for something that could be done in the browser is not that elegant in our opinion.

Best Regards and say Hi to Michael,
Gennady

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Talking Head on iPhone

Gennady,

Yes, I remember your summer request, and it was implemented. It was implemented, because modern desktop browsers handle HTML5 better now, rather than a year ago.
However, this limitation is out of iSpring control, as we can not dictate to Apple how their devices will work. If one day iPhone will work with video file the way it does iPad, we will consider improvements. Until it works as it works today, we can not do his without our own players.

I am very sorry about this!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Talking Head on iPhone

We both know that technically it could be done - iSpring's narration editor already can import audio out of the video MPEG-4 clips. So to have a checkbox that will activate creation of the alternative audio only presentation for the smartphones. Thanks!

Profile profile test