Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:45 am   Post subject: Top bar drop-down menu behaviour

How do I make the drop-down menu for Outline on the top bar disappear on mouse-out?
The current setting means that the user has to click outside the drop-down to make the drop-down disappear. Unfortunately this can lead to triggering something else in e.g. a Quizmaker quiz.
Any solutions out there?
cheers
Bryson

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:53 pm   Post subject: Re: Top bar drop-down menu behaviour

Thank you for the
I regret to say that the iSpring players don't have the option to hide the Outline on mouse-out.

If you publish the presentation to HTML5 format and view it on iPad or any other mobile device it won't be possible to use the mouse-out gesture. There is no mouse-out/mouse over actions on the mobile devices.

In order to hide the Outline that is located on the top bar of the player is to click on the same Outline button. If a user clicks somewhere in the course outside the Outline area, the course won't advance. This gesture will be considered as the gesture to hide the slides' menu.

Also, it's possible to insert action buttons on the slides in PowerPoint so that the users can only navigate in the course by using these buttons/hyperlinks.

Thank you for understanding!

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:16 pm   Post subject: Re: Top bar drop-down menu behaviour

Thanks for that... hadn't thought of the lack of mouse-out on mobiles etc.
When I use a Question drop down in a quiz then click on an item the drop down closes would this also be possible for the drop down Outline?
cheers
Bryson

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Top bar drop-down menu behaviour

Dear Bryson,
Thank you for providing an example of this functionality.
In order to allow the users to click Outside the Outline area to close it, it's posisble to disable the option Advance with gestures or mouse click in the Playback and Navigation tab.
This way, the users will be able to go to the Next slide only using the Player Previous and Next navigation buttons and click outside the Outline area to close the menu.
Let me please also pass the request on to our Product Development Team for future consideration.

Profile profile test