Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:36 pm   Post subject: Why does Quizmaster output different results to email and to

We are developing a quiz with Quizmaster and want to send the detailed results directly to our database. The detailed output to the email is mostly sufficient, although the user name nor email do not seem to be passed, it does give the general results and breakdown by question. However, the output to the server (via the index.php code provided by iSpring) is minimal:
Quiz Name: FEST-I (What is this sound?)
Passing Score: 4
User Score: 5

According to the page where I got the code, http://www.ispringsolutions.com/article ... erver.html, the output to the server and email should be the same. I searched in the index.php file and all included files for $_POST commands and did not see any. So where are the variables being read in and where are they being outputted? Thanks,
Brian

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:38 pm   Post subject: Re: Why does Quizmaster output different results to email an

Thank you for the post!
Please make sure that you script for processing quiz results on the server includes the POST value for processing detailed quiz results:

$detailed_results_xml = $_POST['dr']; //This variable will return an xml file.
It's necessary to address the required variables (listed in the table on our website) and parse the XML file stored in the dr variable.
For more information, you can take a look at the same article about sending quiz results to server:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/articles/sending-quiz-results-to-server.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat May 07, 2016 9:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Why does Quizmaster output different results to email an

Hi Julia, thank you for the reply, but it didn't really answer my question.

I don't know much php, so I don't know where to put the
$detailed_results_xml = $_POST['dr'] statement you suggest. I see that in the QuizResults code you supplied, there is the statement
$detailResultXml = stripslashes($requestParams["dr"]);

Does this pass the detailed results to an array which is written to the XML file? If so, it doesn't seem to be working, because when I examine the QuizReport.xsd file, I don't find any of the question details. On the Web page you mentioned, you said there should be a part of the XML file beginning with <MultipleChoiceQuestion>, but I do not see that at all.

If you can provide any insight into these issues, I would be very appreciative.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Why does Quizmaster output different results to email an

Thank you for the post!
The assistance with code-review and code creation isn't covered by the free support services.
I hope you understand that this particular topic is quite complicated and requires the time of our developers.
If you need help with customization or modification of any scripts related to QuizMaker data collection, we will be happy to provide you with our consulting services, or start a custom development project for an additional fee.

Profile profile test