Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:30 pm   Post subject: How to get iSpring Free to work with Powerpoint 2003 in XP

I installed iSpring Free in Windows XP for PowerPoint 2003 and I got no iSpring toolbar. I followed iSpring help for this but still nothing.

It took me a lot of troubleshooting, but I finally figured out how to get iSpring Free to work. I had to add three ispring dll files as a Com Addin in ppt to get full functionality.

Here's how to do it. First you need Com Addin to show up in your Tools menu in ppt. I had to go to Tools, Customize. Then choose the Commands tab, choose Tools and find Com Addin and drag that icon to the Tools tab on the main top menu.

Then I added ispring2003.dll to the Com Addin window. Go to Tools, select Com Addin. You have to click the Add button and then go find it. It is in the C:\Program Files\iSpring folder. Once you choose ispring2003.dll then you will see a blank window in your Com Addin window, but it now knows where the dll is. Now you need to go find two more files. Click Add and go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\iSpring Solutions\SWF Extractor and select swfextractor.dll. Now click Add and go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\iSpring Solutions\ActiveSWF Video and select activeswfvideo.dll. Once you select these three files with the Com Addin window then you might have to restart ppt and then voila - iSpring Free should work.

Hopefully iSpring will fix this so that you don't have to do this workaround.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:12 pm   Post subject: Re: How to get iSpring Free to work with Powerpoint 2003 in XP

We highly appreciate your solution to fix this problem with iSpring Free in PowerPoint 2003. It is not a frequent issue since iSpring toolbar appears in PowerPoint 2003 after installation automatically. However, as you showed, it doesn't behaves like that in all cases.

Your information will help us to help our customers fix the similar problem in future. Thank you so much!

Profile profile test