Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:41 am   Post subject: Presenter - complete learning package? Almost!

I'm trialling Presenter and think the product is good as an elearning tool as far as it goes. What I would like to see is the facility to submit essay answers in the Quiz module and for the user to print out all the answers. Perhaps this would require a different protocol for the quiz - not just pass/fail but the ability to study a section/learn/express an opinon so the output would be more subjective - a mix between testing and free expression of ideas for later discussion with others using the same learning module. This would be especially useful in my area which is management training.

Also, would it be possible to have several Tue/False statement shown on one page rather than set up as different questions? The quiz already accepts partially correct answers so this should not be such a problem to incorporate.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:36 pm   Post subject: Re: Presenter - complete learning package? Almost!

Dear Jamie,
Thank you for your suggestions. I have forwarded them to the Product Development and, hopefully, we shall see some of their implementation in the nearest releases.
Could you please kindly reason what you've meant by saying that multiple true/false will be easy to implement as quiz already accepts partially correct answers.
Thank you in advance!
Kind regards,
Sofia

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:05 pm   Post subject: Re: Presenter - complete learning package? Almost!

Hi Sofia,

Thanks for your post. To clarify:

Tue/False
If on a page there are, for example, 10 questions where the respondent has to get all 10 true/false answers correct to score maximum points, if they got, for example, 50% of the true/false answers correct they would only score 50% of the maximum points, if they got 25% of them correct they would score 25% of the maximum points, etc.

It would be great to see some of these features in future editions of Presenter - especially adding free-style short essay questions to the quiz that are not point scoring (of course) but can be reviewed by the respondent and hopefully printed out after the quiz is completed. This would move the quiz closer towards a true e-learning package and be especially useful in my area of managment training.

Wondershare have this built into their quiz software and we trialled it but decided i-Spring was a better product overall.

Are future upgrades provided free of charge?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Presenter - complete learning package? Almost!

Dear Jaime,

Thank you very much for clarifications. We shall see what we can do to implement it soon.

You will get free minor and maintenance releases and will be eligible for a nice discount for a major upgrades. To learn more about iSpring Upgrade Terms, check out: http://www.ispringsolutions.com/company ... terms.html

Best regards,
Sofia

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Presenter - complete learning package? Almost!

I have been using --Spring Presenter four 4 months now and truly like the product. I would still like to see the facility to submit essay-style answers in the Quiz module that were not marked as "right" or "wrong" (free-style answers) and for the user to have the facility to print out all the answers given in the quiz. Is there any hope this will happen?

Profile profile test