Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:39 pm   Post subject: A Very Short Story About Improving Development Processes

iSpring CEO Yury Uskov asked me to post this segment of follow-up communication from the 2010 Learning Expo in Orlando in March:

As some of you may know I joined the iSpring team only days before the show. At the time we met, I was still transitioning from a seven-year stint with a platform and content provider named The Quality Group. A terrific learning and distribution system and the best Quality and Process Improvement content on the market. So, that background creates a perfect segue to a short discussion of why iSpring?

During the last few years of my tenure with The Quality Group, I had the privilege of working with many of the top process improvement experts in the world. While “embedded” as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) on learning systems and solutions with these improvement teams, I was forced to live in their world. And thus, I became a process thinker. Much of what we did was development of new materials to align with our courses on subjects like Lean or Six Sigma with content specific to our customer’s industry or functional area. Typical projects might be developing custom case studies and simulations that integrated with our 50+ hours of “off the shelf” e-Learning.

As a newly transformed “process devotee”, I now looked at e-learning content development processes differently. So, as I evaluated the iSpring solution set (Presenter in particular), it became clear that the tool did much more than faithfully reproduce PowerPoint animations, make VO (Voice Over) a snap, provide 10 quiz formats, and export a very clean SCORM file. iSpring removes a point of constraint in most development work flow processes. It can change the way development teams work, and demystify a lot of the software training requirement. In short, iSpring enables more efficient development processes with shorter cycle times.

Last year, in one of the harshest economic climates for software sales in the history of the sport, iSpring doubled its U.S. revenues with only modest marketing and advertising budgets. Given my experience, that only happens when a product is easy to use, effective and priced right!

That’s why I’m excited about my new role here. I look forward to the opportunity to help improve performance for our customer's and their organization’s teams. In the days to come I’ll circle back by phone – I’m doing “gathering some data” about work flow processes for e-learning development and I'd appreciate your inputs. (They did turn me into a process nerd, eh?)

Thanks for taking a moment to allow me to re-introduce myself. Have a great weekend, and don't hesitate to call if you have any questions or considerations in the interim.

John Nycz
Sales Director, U.S.
iSpring Solutions, Inc.
www.ispringsolutions.com

o) 1 800 640 0868
c) 1 404 520 0380

Profile profile test