Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:26 pm   Post subject: Size limit to ppt

Hi,

Is there a size limit to a ppt that iSpring pro will convert?
I have a slide deck that is growing and I'm concerned it might crash when published.

I have found some links to external documents work intermittently and I've had it cause IE to go into 'not responding'.

If there is a limit and instead of converting 1 big file I convert multiple smaller ones presumably I can link .swfs within a ppt to be then coverted to a new .swf - would this be more stable? Would it cause any peformance degradation?

Tks
Gerry

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Size limit to ppt

Thank you for posting at our forum. I'll try to answer your questions.
There is no some strict size limit of output Flash Movie that iSpring can produce. It depends mostly on capacity of your computer. To convert the entire presentation with the lot of embedded content into one single Flash file there should be enough RAM installed, otherwise conversion could be unsuccessful. As a remedy you can convert it into separate slides mode (uncheck "All in one Flash file").

Performance should be the same for 1 single .swf file or in separate slides mode.

Flash format has some restrictions on number of elements within:
Timeline could contain not more than 16,000 frames
and 16,000 symbol instances (objects of the presentation). There is the limit on resolution also, it is 2880 x 2880 px.
For more details please visit:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/144/tn_14437.html

Profile profile test