Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:31 pm   Post subject: Incremental amends

Hi

Is there a quicker way of amending a published .swf file?

If I convert a 50 slide ppt and it takes 10mins to convert and then I go in and change just one small element of a slide is there any way I can do the convesion incrementally so that I don't need to convert the whole ppt again?

tks
Gerry

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:17 am   Post subject: Re: Incremental amends

iSpring always creates the SWF file from scratch. As far as we know there are no PPT to SWF products which support incremental presentation conversion.

However, you may convert just one slide (use "Selected slides" range) to check if your changes look good.

There is one small trick which may work to you.
The solution is to convert the presentation as a compound presentation - just uncheck the "All in one Flash file" check box in the General Tab of iSpring Pro/Presenter publish window and convert the whole presentation.
Then, after changing a slide you need to publish only this slide in the same mode into another folder and copy the generated slide to the "data" directory of the "whole" swf presentation (don't forget to rename the slide).
In most cases this should help.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ