Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 8:01 pm   Post subject: Not recognizing Flash Player 10

Hey, I just installed iSpring today, and it's been giving me a lot of grief. First I tried to use the free trial of iSpring Pro, but Powerpoint would experience a problem with the add-in, so I'd have to disable it. So I decided to give the free version a try. It ran well with Powerpoint, but when I tried to convert my .ppt to flash, iSpring was telling me I needed Flash Player 8 or higher to use. I have Flash Player 10 installed.

I have Powerpoint 2010 64-bit, so I made sure to install the version of iSpring for it. The build I was given was iSpring Free 5.0.0.2848, so I tried to update it, but then I would get the same problem as with iPsring Pro: Powerpoint would encounter an error as ask me to disable it.

Thanks for any help.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:33 am   Post subject: Re: Not recognizing Flash Player 10

Thank you for your feedback.
Please make sure that:
1. You do really have Flash Player 8 or higher installed.

For instance, your computer may open .SWF files with older version of Standalone Flash player (version 6 or 7). In this case you may need to open SWF files with your favorite browser which, I am sure, have the latest Flash player plugin installed. Another way to open iSpring generated content in web browser is to enabled "Generate HTML" checkbox.

Some iSpring features (for example, Insert Youtube or Insert Flash options) requires Adobe Flash Player 8 ActiveX to be installed. You may install Adobe Flash Player ActiveX by opening the Flash player installation page in Internet Explorer:
http://adobe.com/go/getflash
Please make sure you are using Internet Explorer (not Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome or some other web browser).
Since you are using PowerPoint 2010 64 bit edition you need a 64 bit version of Adobe Flash player ActiveX. Currently Adobe do not offer 64 bit version of Flash player. That is why Insert Youtube or Insert Flash options are not available in your PowerPoint 2010.

You may find a solution on how to enable iSpring in your PowerPoint using our FAQ base:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/faq.html

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ