Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:14 pm   Post subject: Omit slides from outline/thumbnails

Is there any way to omit a slide from the outline/thumbnail views & lists?

Since it is not possible to pause in the middle of a slide, I have to break certain sequences into multiple slides. However, it makes no sense for these to show up as thumbnails and such.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:53 am   Post subject: Re: Omit slides from outline/thumbnails

The outlines/thumbnails list does not display "hidden" slides. You may hide/show the slide with the double click in Presentation Explorer or using PowerPoint context menu in the "Slides" pane.

However hiding the slides affects the way they are played within the presentation by PowerPoint and iSpring player. Normally the hidden slides are not played during sequential presentation playback. There are 4 ways to enter the hidden slide:
1. If all of the presentation slides are hidden, you are able to enter the first presentation slide
2. You may enter the hidden slide via direct hyperlink from another slide
3. You may enter the hidden slide from the previous slide if the previous slide is also hidden
4. Once viewed the hidden slide you will be able to enter it during sequential presentation playback.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Omit slides from outline/thumbnails

None of those four are appropriate. As presentation material, I don't want the slides to be hidden at all. I just want them not to show up in the outline/thumbnails of the player.

I think this is what the Presenter "Hide" button should actually do -- it does not make a lot of sense to me for Presenter to have buttons that simply do things PPT already does.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Omit slides from outline/thumbnails

It is also possible turn off the "Outline" and the "Thumbnails" tabs in the Advanced and Crystal players.
See the documentation articles
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/docs ... lossy.html
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/docs ... ystal.html

You may also choose another player template. For example, "Navigation Panel" player template which does not show any thumbnails.

However there is no option to hide a particular slide from the thumbnails or outline list.

Quote:
I think this is what the Presenter "Hide" button should actually do -- it does not make a lot of sense to me for Presenter to have buttons that simply do things PPT already does.

We know that this option duplicates PowerPoint functionality. However we considered it to be reasonable to include it into Presentation Explorer (along with the slide duration and advance control options) to collect slide properties in one window. And many of other users found it very useful.

Anyway. I would like to thank you for the proposed feature. We will add the ability to exclude particular slides from the thumbnails/outline list to the wish list of our clients. As soon as we get more similar requests from our clients we will definitely add this feature to our development plan.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:06 am   Post subject: Re: Omit slides from outline/thumbnails

Hi there,

I agree with the originator of this post. Why duplicate the ppt functionality? This only costs you more development and testing effort and adds limited value to us. It would be much better to offer an alternative feature using the Presentation Explorer such as omit the slide from the outline.

The outline should be considered as a feature to provide navigation to the end user of the flash presentation not just a list of slides. The ideal solution, satisfying ispring and us would be to allow two options in the Presentation Explorer: 1) Hide slides. This duplicates the ppt functionality and is available today. 2) Omit slides from the outline / thumbnail.

The only way around this today, I believe, would for me to build my own navigation buttons on the slides which is very tedious and not practical.

I do hope you consider this for your next upgrade as technically this should be a relatively easy feature to include yet extremely valuable to those publishing many slide presentations.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Omit slides from outline/thumbnails

I'm agree with Garrow.

As him, I think is important to manage to hide some slides on the outline side of the player.

In my case, I think is important in order to clear some repeated slides on the outline and be able to make a clear index of the course on a side, without repeated slides.

If anything of this has change in some new update of Ispring pro, please contact.

Thank you very much!

Victor de Prada.

Profile profile test