Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:41 pm   Post subject: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

Hi,

I used the 'insert movie from file' feature in powerpoint 2007 to embed a .mov file. I gave it an animation and set it to start automatically once animation finishes (to bring it up on screen).

When I play the slide in powerpoint is works perfectly... but when I create the output flash file using iSpring Pro, the movie doesn't play.

I've tried both checking and unchecking the 'detach media content' setting.

Any ideas?

Edit to add: Judging by the output file size the video wasn't actually embedded in the file as the size is too small.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:08 am   Post subject: Re: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

Could you please upload the .mov file somewhere and send the link to it to support [at] ispringsolutions [dot] com?
We will try to investigate the problem and provide a solution

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

It's not just the one movie file that doesn't work... I've tried multiple .mov files and also a .mp4 file with same results.

The actual video that I'll need to embed in final output still needs to be created, right now I was just testing the feature to make sure it will work how I want it to.

I'll try a couple different formats/files and see if makes a difference.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:07 pm   Post subject: Re: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

Hmm... I tried converting the same .mov file into .wmv and it seems to work, so it's just the format.

I suppose I'll just have to use wmv then!

Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

I've got the same problem. I embed a 63MB wmv movie file in PowerPoint and it plays fine, but using iSpring Presenter to convert the presentation to flash and the movie does not play at all in the swf file. The swf file is also really small.

It only works if the embedded wmv is only about 10MB in size. Much bigger than that and it does not convert to the swf file.

I hope this can be fixed. We were hoping to be able to play at least some 5-10 minute movie clips.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

After reading navieko's last post, I think my problem is that not all wmv converters work with iSpring software. Can you guys recommend a tool for converting video formats (VOB to WMV, ETC) that works with iSpring Presenter? I don't mind paying for it if it works.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

You can use VirtualDub free software to convert your movies from one format to another and change compression settings.
Some codec pack could be downloaded also to let you use more codecs and settings for better conversion.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:23 am   Post subject: Re: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

Hello,

I am very impressed with the Ispring software and have succeeded in converting my powerpoint to Flash using the free version, and used all your good advice to fix my Adobe security settings so that the hyperlinks now work correctly and the flash opens the embedded pdf files. Going back to the flash is not elegant (it restarts the flash from the beginning,doesn't return to the slide where the hyperlink appeared) but I can live with this.

My main problem is that my embedded movie won't play. I have tried resaving it in different formats - mp4, mpg (2), avi, wmv but the flash invariably shows the movie as a static image which extends for the full length of time of the video - if you place the cursor over the image you see a hand (ie should be a hyperlink) but it doesn't play.
I read your FAQ and blog but can't find a resolution. ( I did a workaround saving the movie as an object but then it plays in the Windows Media Player - not elegant solution ) Can you help me?
Thanks,Shelli

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

Could you please send us the movie you are experiencing issues with at support [at] ispringsolutions.com ? We will try to research it on our computers and find out the best solution to convert it into iSpring presentation.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

I have multiple videos embedded in my PowerPoint, and it plays fine. When I iSpring it, it isn’t playing, nor is there a file in the data folder for the detached video, except for the first video, and sometimes not even for that. I’ve tried it with both attached and detached video files.

iSpring Pro 5.0
Win XP
PPT 2007

I have already sent an email to support[at]ispringsolutions[dot]com, including a link to the samples in my Dropbox. I'm posting the issue here as well because I have not received any confirmation of receipt of my email.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:37 pm   Post subject: Re: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

Update: After a round or two, I got this info from Support - the preferred format and video codec for inclusion in iSpring is AVI and DivX.

The downside is that AVI is not playing nicely in PowerPoint 2007. It's a known issue that AVI will only play audio, while holding the first bit of the video as a static image.

I use a free program called Format Factory that lets me convert almost anything to almost anything. I was able to convert my sample WMVs to AVI, selecting the DivX codec instead of the default Xvid. I was able to confirm that the videos played using Windows Media Player, but got only audio when they were inserted in PowerPoint. Just to be sure, I ran the iSpring conversion, and both videos converted and played fine.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:24 am   Post subject: Re: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

Please contact our support team regarding this particular issue. We will answer all of your questions and help you to solve that problem.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:54 pm   Post subject: Re: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

I am having the same issue. I converted the media files but when I go back to PowerPoint it blows them away. Does anyone know how to change the media files in PowerPoint?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 7:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Output Flash File Won't Play Embedded Video

Ok. I found how to unpack and then just reinsert after conversion back to pptx. What an absolute pain when you have 50 PowerPoint documents to convert to video! And each PowerPoint has 4-10 videos to change from wmv to avi. Not very cost effective in time.

**** I just want to make a note. I found an easier way. I was converting MS Training Files for my company and kept having problems with the running of the video. What ultimately worked after all the sweat, blood, and tears, was using a legacy player. I did not have to convert the files at ALLLLL!

Profile profile test