Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:39 am   Post subject: Direct link to slide

Hi,

my question:
is there a way to link (from external source) direct to for instance slide 10...?
if you create the html, it will always start from the beginning, but I'm looking for a way that I can start from any slide I want (maybe with option in the webaddress (.../index.html#slide3))

greetings,

Filip

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:43 am   Post subject: Re: Direct link to slide

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

Yes, it is possible to have a link to the certain slide of presentation. In order to do that, please add startSlide parameter into the URL address. For instance, it could be like

http://mysite.com/presentation1.swf?startSlide=3.

Please note, that slide counter begins from 0. It means that if you need to have a link for the 5th slide you should put startSlide=4.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:15 am   Post subject: Re: Direct link to slide

I would also like to link to a specific slide from an external source. This URL works, kind of.

http://georgiaappraiser.com/presentatio ... artSlide=5

It does not link to slide 6 as was expected but to slide 4. No big deal, I can figure that out.

Here is the problem. I get the resume dialog box. The resume feature is great but I would like to disable it when accessing a specific slide from an external source. Is that possible?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Direct link to slide

Please uncheck Resume presentation playback from the last slide viewed at the Playback and Navigation tab it Publish settings. Hyperlinks may not work if you open presentation from the local drive. Read the following article to fix it:
http://blog.ispringsolutions.com/?p=174

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Direct link to slide

Hi Tatiana,

the solution you provied works, but this way it is a link to the swf, not the html.
is there a way to add an option at the end of the addres, and adding an variable inside the html code?

greetings,

Filip

Profile profile test

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:31 pm   Post subject: Re: Direct link to slide

How do you do this with html5 version?

From one ispring html5 presentation, I need to open a new presentation. I know how to do that by linking to the html file. But, while in that presentation, I want to return to the previous presentation but on a particular slide.

I have two options if you can tell me the code for either:

1) have the second presentation open in a new tab, then have a close button to close that tab so that the first presentation is still there on the same slide they were on.

2) have the second presentation open in the same tab. But I need code to return to first presentation on a particular slide.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:33 pm   Post subject: Re: Direct link to slide

@bgraphic

Thank you for your post!

You can do all of this inside one presentation.
Either you can link them by following these steps:

1) Publish Presentation №2 to your website.
2) Copy the link and create a hyperlink from Presentation №1.
3) Publish Presentation №1 to your website.
4) Copy the link and create a hyperlink in Presentation №2.
Add "?StartSlide=N" to the link. N is the number of the slide. Please remember that for slide 1 N=0, for slide2 N=1, etc.
6) Republish Presentation №2 to the same location.

Hope this information can be on help.

Profile profile test