Posted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:47 pm   Post subject: Lifesaver!!!! Just one feature request (maybe two).

Here is how your product looks to be a life saver for me (and I think could be for many others).

I deliver training over the web.

I have recently been studying what makes effective presentations and I'm quite convinced that animating slides to focus user attention is critical (not talking about goofy stuff, but simply keeping irrelevant parts off the screen until they are talked about.

So to preserve powerpoint animations, I have to screen share powerpoint.

However, I also annotate on my slides A LOT to keep people engaged. So Powerpoint only allows annotation in full screen mode. NOT an option for web delivery in most internet conferencing platforms. Also, I have a wide screen and full screen broadcast would not work for many viewers.

So with your product I get my animations and fluid whiteboarding.

Finally, I do whiteboarding of concepts on a clean slate - no slides. I don't know exactly WHEN I will do these, so I cannot insert blank slides in my original presentation. It would be a life saver if your player allowed me to insert blank pages to whiteboard on. In my case I don't need to save them - but possibly others would.

Right now I have to switch to NotateIt to do a blank whiteboard.

Two other "small" requests that would help:
*) Shapes - especially square/rectangle
*) Control Keys for activating annotation tools - including shapes and 3 assignable color changes. I use a keypad with mapped keys to change whiteboard tools much more quickly - so this would be very helpful.

I can't tell you how frustrating it has been to find a universal whiteboarding platform that does not require a change up everytime I use a different web conferencing provider - big gap here in my opinion.

I would be happy to beta test if any of these make it into your next release.

D.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:40 am   Post subject: Re: Lifesaver!!!! Just one feature request (maybe two).

Hello,
Thank you for your post.
iSpring allows making annotations on existing slides only. Usually LMS systems or web-conferencing software provides the described functionality.
We surely will consider these features when making development plan for one of the next versions of iSpring Presenter. Thank you!

Profile profile test