Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:21 pm   Post subject: Posting variables

How do I declare my variables in my URL result instruction to my DB? I'm using FileMaker and am able to send URL commands:

http://<ipaddress>/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=<DBNAME>&-lay=TrainSession&-recid=1&ScorefromQuiz=%tp%&-edit

Does me no good, but when I run the command manually using 100 as my final score value it's fine, obviously %tp% isn't right. What is? Using tp just errors (my field is a number field and obviously I don't want tp)

Should I be using 'sp'?

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:49 pm   Post subject: Result posting - URL variables

When fix the score to 100, although the Apache and FileMaker Web Server logs report the instruction with no errors the data change isn't reflected in the DB. when I run the command from my broswer manually it runs fine and updates the DB so the instruction itself is good.

Is there something in the way the iSping Flash sends the URL? I know Flash and Filemaker normally play nicely together.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:49 am   Post subject: Re: Posting variables

Further info:

I used wireshark to sniff the network traffic and the URL command is being erroneously transmitted. FM is returning an error 102: 'Field is missing'.

Only I know the field is there because the manually run command works OK (the field does exist).

The other thing I've noticed is when the command runs manually it is recorded in the logs as a GET (with the URL command the referrer), when run from Quizmaker its recorded as a POST (with the URL of the Quiz as the referrer.

Run manually:
GET /fmi/xml/fmresultset.dtd HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Referer: http://174.3.224.245/fmi/xml/fmresultse ... =100&-edit
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Host: 174.3.224.245
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cookie: utcOffset=-5

From Quizmaster:
POST /fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=OLEDB&-lay=TrainSession&-recid=1&ScorefromQuiz=100&-edit HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: en-US
Referer: http://test.b-spoke.ca/TESTQuiz.swf
x-flash-version: 10,1,82,76
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 1628
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Host: 174.3.224.245
Connection: Keep-Alive
Cache-Control: no-cache
Cookie: utcOffset=-5

There's also a bunch of data, an XML file detailing the quiz, it's questions and the variables it is ready to pass.

Any one any ideas?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:39 am   Post subject: Re: Posting variables

Please read carefully the related article of the quiz maker documentation:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/docs ... esult.html

Select this checkbox to automatically receive quiz result on the server.

You can receive detailed quiz results on your server using variables and .xml document sent as a POST request. The following variables are sent to a server via POST method:

v - report version
dr - detailed results in .xml format complying with the schema below.
sp - earned points
ps - passing score OR psp - passing score in percent, that is how much of a total score in percent a user must gain to pass a quiz
tp - gained score
sn - quiztaker username
se - quiztaker email
qt - quiz title

You can also check the detailed schema for the .xml document.

NOTE: If this option is selected, a user will be prompted to enter their e-mail and name, when the quiz is started.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Posting variables

Yeah I re-read this and see the complexity of the solution offered. Filemaker allows me to receive commands directly via the URL meaning that the results can be sent to the DB without any extra complication or need to understand and configure any XSLT docs (so the XML can be understood by the DB.)

iSpring seems to need me to get my DB to parse the XML document which iSpring has created, demanding a bunch of extra tech stuff to happen in order to make this happen.

I think your instructions need to be reworded to amplify this point:

You can receive detailed quiz results on your server using variables and .xml document

should really be:

iSpring can send an XML result document via a URL, which your DB can then likely import.

It seems strange that iSpring's product is designed to be used by the non-technical user, all except this one function, which requires advanced coding skills to accomplish - why not make it easy, don't other DBs accept URL commands directly?

My issue will lie in my site being able to handle traffic levels. In the time it takes to receive, parse and then import the XML data; I might have received another result file; can I be sure it will process correctly, while the first is as yet unfinished its processing.

I can accept around 250 URL commands simultaneously, and is therefore designed to handle traffic levels, this XML parsing solution doesn't not seem to be so robust. Added to this is that Filemaker is abandoning XSLT support in favour of PHP or XML based integration, meaning any iSpring solution is temporary at best.

Also I made my post nearly two weeks ago now and despite numerous emails to Pre-Sales and Support re: this post I'm only now getting the answer I could have had two weeks ago, saving me no end of messing around - if it was such a simple answer, why make me wait!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:56 am   Post subject: Re: Posting variables

Dear Jason,

XML parsing is not a requirement if you don't need a detailed information about the quiz. If you just need the score, you can use the "sp" parameter.

Just for your information, QuizMaker 5.6 generated Flash quizzes will also accept the "userId" parameter which may be used to identify the user passing the quiz. This userId parameter is sent via POST method as a "sid" parameter.

Profile profile test WWW www ICQ ICQ

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:08 am   Post subject: Re: Posting variables

Hello Every one,

I am new to the forum, and would thank someone if they can give me more details on how to exactly use xml file and variables to receive quiz results. I appreciate any input.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:58 pm   Post subject: Re: Posting variables

Please contact us at support email with your request. We will provide you with the detailed information on this topic.

Profile profile test