Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:50 pm   Post subject: Advance animations with same key as advance slides

I am using "Navigation + Marker" output so that I can have animations and annotations while delivering live online.

I have mapped a key on my tablet to the right arrow to advance slides.

I had assumed this would advance animations as well since that's how it works in power point for live delivery with annotations.

But I have to click the next button with the pen instead.

I can find no simple explanation of "Next Step", "Previous Step", "Seek Forward" and "Seek Backward" - but playing with them has not given me a solution for a single action to advance the slides.

The Advance on mouse click does not help, I think because I always have an annotation tool active.

The inconsistency in advancing between animations and slides is disruptive to my flow when delivering.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make animations and slides respond to the same key?

Thanks,
D.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:04 pm   Post subject: Re: Advance animations with same key as advance slides

OK, I mapped this to my keypad instead and mapped Next Step and Previous Step to Up and Down.

I see the value in having separate controls for animation and slides

However, it would be be helpful for those coming from powerpoint if "next step" could optionally be made to advance a slide when there is no more animation available.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Advance animations with same key as advance slides

I don't know why it didn't work the first time, but it already works as I was trying to describe. Next Step DOES advance a slide when there is no more annimation.

Profile profile test