Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:53 am   Post subject: Workflow for best audio

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a workflow for optimum audio quality?

The workflows I have tried are:

a) record narration, split into 128kbit/sec mp3 files, then import into iSpring
b) record narration, split into 16bit wav files, then import into iSpring

I have tried both the 'Keep original bitrate setting' as well as the 'force bitrate' to 'high quality' settings. In the latter case I get better audio. Just wondering if anyone can suggest a workflow for getting the absolute best audio quality for the narration.

Regards, WR

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:03 pm   Post subject: Re: Workflow for best audio

The workflow of recording and embedding audio depends on your needs and could vary. If you want to publish presentation for the Internet please record narration with third party application and save it as 128 kb/s or even less. Additional parameters: 16bit sample rate, 44000 Hz (or 22000). Mono channel for narration and stereo for music. Embed audio keeping original bitrate.

If you want to get the highest quality for distribution via CD, please record in .wav format using third party application or it would be even more convenient if you record the audio using iSpring record narration tool. It records audio in .wav format with maximum quality. If you want to compress it you can force bitrate in Publish settings to the point you need anytime.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Workflow for best audio

If I record outside of presenter, in say Audacity, and use a low bit rate format and mp3 format will that save me a significant amount in overall file siize?

Profile profile test