Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:08 am   Post subject: PDF Hyperlinks

Hello all, I currently have a presentation that will be saved to a CD for duplication. I am using the iSpring Pro. This project will be a self contained CD so that the customer does not need internet to use or view any of the items included. My question.... I have hyperlinks that go to .pdf files. Is there anyway to have the links open in Adobe Reader instead of a web browser? (I understand that Adobe Reader will have to be downloaded via the internet but we're assuming the viewer already has it installed.) Also, the customer has provided me with .DWF files (an AutoCAD drawing file) that will be linked as well. I am unable to see if these links open because we do not have the software but I just need to make sure that they do not open in a web broswer. Help anyone? Its greatly appreciated!

Ann

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:26 pm   Post subject: Re: PDF Hyperlinks

All the hyperlinks will be opened in a Web Browser using the plugin that can read files of the respective format.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:10 pm   Post subject: Re: PDF Hyperlinks

I apologize for any misleading information I put below. I thought I could open the PDF using the default PDF reader. I cannot. This method still uses the browser to open the PDF but it will load the PDF without Internet access. It is still useful information but does not do what the reader asks which is to use Adobe Reader to open the PDF.
=========
How to link a PDF file using Ispring Presenter. (The should work with Ispring Pro and Ispring Free.)

1. Create a slide with a hyperlink to the linked PDF. The PDF must be in the same directory as the PPT file. Make sure the PDF opens with the default PDF reader (it should).
    2. Publish the PPT using Ispring. Ispring will destroy everything in the target directory.
    3. Copy the PDF from the PPT directory to Ispring's target directory. Make sure the PDF is in the same directory as "yourfilename.exe".
    4. Run "yourfilename.exe". The PDF file will load using the default PDF reader, not the browser.
    5. Copy the contents of the target directory to the CD. It should work. I don't have a CD so the test was done using a thumb drive. It worked fine.

I tested this because I wanted to do the same thing. There may be a downside of which I am not aware.

John

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:00 pm   Post subject: Re: PDF Hyperlinks

Yes, if you put relative path "mydoc.pdf" in hyperlink field and then place this pdf document nearby the presentation.swf it could be opened without the Internet connection but using Internet Browser, which obviously can work offline as well.

Browser shield is needed to prevent from opening harmful software using third party dangerous applications.

Profile profile test