Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:42 am   Post subject: Minimum Time per slide

I would like to set a minimum time that someone must spend on each slide, but still allow the viewer control of the presenation.

I would like to allow them to skip forward, but only after they spend X seconds on the slide. Allowing faster learners to complete a presentation quickly, while slower learners maintain the ability to go through a presentation at their own pace. Is this possiable using iSpring presenter?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:50 am   Post subject: Re: Minimum Time per slide

Hi, thanks for your post.

The current version of iSpring Presenter doesn't allow to do this. You can completely disable any manual navigation through the FlashMovie, but iSpring software doesn't contain a timer option to enable it after a period of time.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:55 am   Post subject: Re: Minimum Time per slide

Try this in PowerPoint in the animations tab.

1. Set the slides to advance after one hour.
    2. Uncheck advance "On Mouse Click".
    3. Add a "Next" button to each slide.
    4. Animate the "Next" button to appear after 10 seconds or any length of time you like.
    5. The student must look at the slide for 10 seconds.

The only problem is that a student can move (or jump) forward using the table of contents in the side bar. In my mind, this is a huge weakness of Ispring. Articulate has an option to disallow the student from jumping forward without viewing all slides.

I solved the jump forward problem (kind of) by making all slides except topic header slides invisible. The student must go through all slides to get to the quizzes which are emailed to me.

Ispring seriously needs a method to prevent students from jumping forward without viewing all slides and custom feedback for each question in quizmaker.

Profile profile test