Author

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:22 pm   Post subject: Importing iSpring Pro .SWF into .FLA

I'm trying to import the generated .swf into an existing .fla and place it on the timeline of a movie clip. Problem is, when it's brought in it simply shows a dozen or so empty frames.

Tried to get around this by simply having it load into a stub-player. Worked up to the point where I tried to control it with commands sent from a controller button to the loaded .swf. Nothing happened. I know the code is correct since I tested it on another loaded .swf.

Is the .swf generated by iSpring Pro locked or closed off in some way? It's more than a little frustrating.

Patrick

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Importing iSpring Pro .SWF into .FLA

Unfortunately, you cannot simply import an .swf file to the library of your Flash CS project and then use it in your project. It is caused by Flash CS importing peculiarities. However, you have the opportunity to add an .swf created with iSpring Presenter to your Flash CS project with iSpring ActionScript API.
Please use "loader.loadClip" method in Flash CS to load the .swf movie. You can see the full documentation on how to add MovieClip to your project here:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/topic/sdk_index/as_api/cpresentationloader.html
Please, notice that only iSpring Presenter provides the ActionScript API, not iSpring Pro.

Profile profile test