Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:33 am   Post subject: Working in the Blind

When I try to record audio in PowerPoint 2010, the first animation does not appear until I ask for the second one. Here is a video of what I mean.

http://www.georgiaappraiser.com/Video_2 ... 191059.wmv

Any help would be appreciated. It must be some sort of setting.

I have tried repairing PowerPoint, reinstalling Ispring, rebooting, cleaning out the Startup programs, closing everything out. I have searched settings but to no avail.

Thank goodness I still have PPT 2007. It still works.

The title bar at the top of the recording screen seem strange. I don't remember it being there.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Working in the Blind

Thank you for reporting the problem.

We tryed Audio recording on several of our presentations, but unfortunately we didn't reproduce the issue. Please send us a couple of slides from your presentation for research to support@ispringsolutions.com.

Furthermore please specify what particular version (and build) of iSpring software you have.

Thank you!

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Working in the Blind

I think I have determined the problem. It may be a PowerPoint 2010. Since I use the same animation for every slide for the title and body of the "Title and Content" template, I did the animation in the Slide Master.

When I removed the animation from the slide master, all was ok. It is peculiar because PPT 2007 handles Slide Master animation just fine. I suppose I will use 2010 for development because animation is easier and use 2007 for narration because 2007 can handle the animation created by 2010.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:00 am   Post subject: Re: Working in the Blind

Thanks for describing the peculiarity. We've tried to reproduce the same behavior using SlideMaster and regular animations in PPT 2007 and PPT 2010 but slides content shows up correctly while recording narration in both versions on pour machines.

Perhaps we haven't applied some particular settings that you use in your presentation. It would be very helpful if you could send a couple of slides from your presentation that show this error while audio recording. When we reproduce the problem, perhaps it would be possible to make some improvements to solve this problem.

Profile profile test