Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:17 pm   Post subject: Publish to existing folder wipes all folder content

I am using iSpring Pro 5.7.0.3019 with Powerpoint 2003. I am generating the output as a single swf file with the generate HTML option checked.
I want to be able to customise the generated HTML, but if I uncheck the "Generate HTML" option the existing customised HTML is wiped from the target folder on the next Publish. Moreover, any other files not connected with iSpringPro (such as a pdf file or any other HTML) that exist in the target folder are also erased if a new Publish is performed.
This seems like a bug to me. Is there any workaround to this behaviour?

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:55 pm   Post subject: Re: Publish to existing folder wipes all folder content

Actually it is not a bug. Let me explain. iSpring converts PowerPoint presentation to Flash and creates some linked files in the output. The set of files is depended on Publish settings.
These files all match to each other and if one component changed, then they could not work properly.
iSpring erases all the contents of this folder when making a new conversion (it alerts you when you do it first time). It helps to avoid the errors with mismatching output.

Suggestion: If you are planning to make some enhances on the files created, please make a copy of the converted files and place them to another folder. You are welcome to make any changes then.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:40 pm   Post subject: Re: Publish to existing folder wipes all folder content

I see your point. It's just a shame that all files are erased even when they have nothing to do with the flash creation (even a Word document in the target folder would be erased). I think you could make this process more intelligent and only erase files that might be relevant.

Profile profile test