Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:11 am   Post subject: javascript API help

I have a simple quiz on my site tweaked to function like a survey. I have it configured to send all the results at once at the end. I was hoping that there was an event i could hook into when the flash movie completes sending the quiz data to the server.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:00 am   Post subject: Re: javascript API help

I was thinking I could hook into the one of the slide navigation events but how can I make the quiz cause the player to navigate to the next slide when the results have successfully been sent to the server?

If the quiz slide could send a navigate request/event to my handler via the api I could get by on that.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:20 pm   Post subject: Re: javascript API help

Actually, quiz doesn't provide any API which could be used to catch events generated by the .swf object.
You can notice that quiz is sending POST request to the server when quiz is completed and "send to server" option is turned on.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:22 pm   Post subject: Re: javascript API help

Mikhail wrote:
Actually, quiz doesn't provide any API which could be used to catch events generated by the .swf object.
You can notice that quiz is sending POST request to the server when quiz is completed and "send to server" option is turned on.

From within the page that the swf object is embedded how can I detect the POST request sent from the swf object?

Seeings how I am saving the quiz results to a DB I guess I could poll the server via ajax call until it tells me they saved their quiz result but this is a last resort. I would rather some how hook into the event that saves the data or atleast somehow detect the response from the server when the data is saved.

Any help would be appreciated.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:02 pm   Post subject:

Thank you very much

Profile profile test