Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:51 pm   Post subject: Subset of Questions in Quiz

Wonder if it possible some way (scripting..) to show just a subset (say 10 random question out of total 30) of the quiz so when you retake you get another subset of available questions ?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:10 pm   Post subject: Re: Subset of Questions in Quiz

Yep, there surely is such a feature. Here's what you do: you create a quiz with any number of questions and then in quiz settings, right on the Main tab (it should open first by default) you can choose to either "Show all questions" or "Show a subset of N random questions". So you choose the second option and enter your number of questions to show at a time. (In your case it will be 10 out of total 30.)
If you upload your quiz online, whenever you update the page it is on, the subset will renew as well.
Here is a link for you that shows the Main tab of the quiz settings I was talking about: http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/docs/quizmaker/5.7/quiz_common/quiz_settings_main.html
I hope that was helpful! :)

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Subset of Questions in Quiz

Excellent ... thank you very much for such a good and quick reply ! :)

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:25 am   Post subject: Re: Subset of Questions in Quiz

Hi everyone! I'm using this thread as it is related to my question.

I’m valuating iSpring for my job. A client of mine asked me to create an elearning course using a particular structure: I’ve got an hour long video that has to be splitted in 5 minutes modules.
Questions have to appear randomly from a question bank of 5 questions every 5-10-15 or 20 minutes, in order to make them unpredictable. If the user gives a wrong answer, he has to watch again the related part of the video.

With other softwares I generally use, I managed to create such system. Otherwise, once I go back to a specific question bank, the program always shows me the first randomized question, not working as I expected. I asked around and I realized that this problem is simply a technical limit that cannot be solved.

So I’m asking you if iSpring allows me to randomize a question bank every time I jump on it in the same presentation.
Thank you very much!

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Subset of Questions in Quiz

Thank you for your post!
Yes, if you set the quiz to show random questions, then it will show different questions each time. I have sent you a sample presentation demonstrating this opportunity in reply to your email.

Profile profile test