Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:05 pm   Post subject: Handling swf files

Hello

I am a relatively new user of ISpring and am impressed with how convenient it is to use within the PowerPoint environment.

I have observed that when I covert from PowerPoint to Flash format, I obtain 3 files - one in JScript format, an html document and a shockwave flash object. If I double-click on the html document icon, I can instantly view the Flash file. However, this is not the case with the swf file. There seems to be some confusion as to which software to connect with. I would like to circulate my PowerPoint presentation in Flash format among colleagues. Can you please provide some tips on how to assist these colleagues in obtaining an instantly accessible Flash presentation.

Best wishes

Margaret

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Handling swf files

it seems that SWF (Shockwave Flash Object) files are not associated with any application on your computer - the computer just does not know what program to use to play the presentation. To resolve this issue, please right-click an SWF file and select Open with... ---> Choose program... - Internet Explorer. Do not forget to tick "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" before clicking OK.
Also, you can choose from the list Adobe Flash Player in case you have the standalone player installed in your system.
As for issues with opening Flash files, it's SWF files might not be associated with web-browsers on some computers, so your viewers will have to associate it manually. Please consider that this has to be performed only once, and all the next times the SWF file will be automatically played by a corresponding application.

Also, there is a workaround to publish Flash slides as EXE files (Publish ---> General tab ---> Generate EXE). In this case, SWFs will incorporate FlashPlayer and Flash files will be played with no problem.

Profile profile test