Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:46 pm   Post subject: How do I accellerate PPTX to SWF conversion? Extra cores/RAM

How do I accelerate the conversion from PPTX to SWF? I have tried machines with more and faster CPU cores, more RAM, better GPU, but it does not seem to make a difference. Any advice?

Thanks!!

- Andy

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:59 pm   Post subject: Re: How do I accellerate PPTX to SWF conversion? Extra cores/RAM

Hi, thank you for your post.

Conversion itself goes quickly. The majority of time is required to connect to MS PowerPoint and extract information about the presentation. The more complex objects and animations are contained in a presentation, the more time it takes for PowerPoint to forward the information about them to iSpring.

The conversion to Flash can never be below 30 sec: as opposed to converting to static images (BMP) iSpring software creates interactive Flash files retaining links, transition, animations effects of the original PowerPoint presentation.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:54 pm   Post subject: Re: How do I accellerate PPTX to SWF conversion? Extra cores/RAM

....so do you think that there are any hardware or software accelerators which could speed up the processing time?

Thanks,
Andy

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:36 pm   Post subject: Re: How do I accellerate PPTX to SWF conversion? Extra cores/RAM

It depends on the product type first. If you use SDK the conversion time could be slowed down a little bit because of the peculiarities of the COM technology. Read more here why.
Two main resources for conversion appear to be CPU speed and Physical memory size. The CPU speed determines how fast the conversion would be performed, and the RAM size — how big could be your presentation saved into a single Flash file.
Hardware accelerators will not give any progress in conversion.

Profile profile test