Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:36 pm   Post subject: Sharing with Multiple Users Across Platforms

My nonprofit is considering purchasing Ispring Pro. I created an e-learning module in Powerpoint and converted it using the free trail of Ispring Pro. When I convert it to Flash, it creates 3 files "fixprompt.js," "index.html" and "Powerpoint Presentation.swf." I am assuming the presentation requires all three files to run.

Here is my concern--I coordinate a statewide network of 56 agencies, all with varying levels of computer skills, as well as different operating systems. Some have administrative rights, some don't. Some have Flash already installed, some don't. My plan was to use a large-file-sharing site like Mediafire to give all the programs access to the training. However, I am concerned that asking them to download a 3-part file, as well as the Flash application, will be more than some of them are technically able to handle and/or they will not have the administrative rights to do so.

I am curious what strategies people have used to share this type of training module across multiple agencies/companies. I am also wondering if there is any way to make it a single file rather than three files.

Any advice or insight would be much appreciated. Thanks so much.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Sharing with Multiple Users Across Platforms

Hi, thank you for using our forum.

It seems that the option "Generate HTML" was chosen for conversion that is why extra files were created:

SWF file is a Flash presentation itself;
index.HTML — is the sample webpage with the Flash presentation embedded. It is required if you want to embed a Flashmovie to your website or blog.
Fixprompt.js file is designed for the old versions of Internet Explorer and lets user start presentation without clicking on Flash movie for its activation.

If you do not need HTML and Fixprompt file, you can simply uncheck the checkbox "Generate HTML" in Publish menu --> General tab --> Flash Output area.

Furthermore, if there is no way to check if your students have FlashPlayer installed, you can generate EXE file instead of SWF (Publish --> General tab --> Flash Output area --> check "Generate EXE"). This way the Flash movie will be packed with the built-in FlashPlayer and will be workable even if FlashPlayer is not installed to a computer.

Profile profile test