Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:01 pm   Post subject: Sending quiz results to server

Hello,

I already have iSpring Pro. I'm trialling the Quiz Maker, with the aim of upgrading to the Presenter package.

I managed to get the quiz results sent to an email address I specify, but there's also the option of sending the results to server. How does that work? What does the data look like? In what format is the data sent to the server I specify? Because I'd like to collate the data in a format that will be useful when creating reports etc.

Any input is much appreciated.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:18 pm   Post subject: Re: Sending quiz results to server

Data is sent via POST request to the server you specify, where it is parsed into separate variables with the special script, and then it is saved into an xml file.
Please contact our support team via email and we will send you the dedicated PHP script. However, setting it up and using requires some programming skills and we don't offer support to adjust our client's server as a part of our free technical support.

Easiest way to deliver your results is obviously email, however, you can also publish a SCORM .zip file for an LMS. Then you can upload this package with a quiz (and other content inside) and passing a student's name before taking the quiz and his results will be saved automatically. You can see the Help Docs about publishing to LMS for more information.

Thank you for using our products and posting at our community forum!

Profile profile test