Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:33 am   Post subject: Quiz - easier "Next Question" button?? Pretty please??

Hi!

I have purchased Presenter and all works great, but I do have one issue with the Quiz functionality.

When I run the quiz, I would expect a larger or more obvious "Next" or "Next Question" button to be displayed.

Unless I missed it (and if I have, I apologise) - there is only the small left and right arrows at the top, as well as the drop-down list to select the next question.

It is not at all intuitive on how to get to the next question to answer it. I would like to see a very obvious button being displayed right below where you answer the question that says something like "Next Question" so that if I am happy with my answer, it is quick (and obvious) how I get to the next question to answer.

I had a quick look through the options, but nothing obvious. I would appreciate any guidance on how to get this more obvious "Next Question" button to be displayed.

It really slows students down and require much more training for people to understand how to get to the next question than just a "Next Question" button.

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz - easier "Next Question" button?? Pretty please??

It should work basically like the "Next" button when reviewing a Quiz.

Can it be added as an option?

I just find that students either expect the next question to be shown when they select the answer for the current question, or they need to see a big "Next" button or something to progress.

They seem to miss the small arrows at the top.

Will be great if this can be added.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:00 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz - easier "Next Question" button?? Pretty please??

Thank you for your proposals. We will count them when discussing a feature list to the next version.
Haven't you tried the option to Submit one qhestion at a time? The behavior of the quiz should differ then: it will have Answer button for each question, but it will not be possible to go back and change the answer.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz - easier "Next Question" button?? Pretty please??

Hi Mikhail - thanks for the answer.

My problem is 50% solved with the option: "Submit one question at a time", thanks.

But how I would like it to work is part "Submit one question at a time" and part "Submit all at once".

It should work just like "Submit one question at a time", BUT should not show whether the answer is correct or not, but just go to the next question - and then show the summary at the end as per "Submit all at once".

If this can be an additional option to the two existing options below, that would be great!:
1 - "Submit one question at a time"
2 - "Submit all at once"
3 - The additional option

Thanks!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:43 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz - easier "Next Question" button?? Pretty please??

All it makes sense. Thank you, I am thinking about the same that it would be great to be implemented. Adding it to the dev plan and implementing left only.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:34 pm   Post subject: Re: Quiz - easier "Next Question" button?? Pretty please??

Great stuff - thanks Mikhail! :-)

Profile profile test