Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:27 pm   Post subject: audio missing in SCORM output

Hello:

I am using a trial version of ispring to evaluate before buying. I converted a PPT file with embedded audio (8 slides) to SCORM and I imported into my online course and it worked great.

I tried another PPT file which has 18 slides, with embedded audio on each slide. The first time I ran the ispring there was audio only on slide 15 after I imported the SCORM zip file into my online course. I ran it again and there was audio on slides 1-8 and 16, but not on slides 9-15.

The quality of the video was also lower than that of the original files.

Can you please tell me if these problems would be solved with the paid version?

I have other files that have more slides and more video. Is there a limitation to the number of slides and the amount of video that can be used to generate SCORM output from a single PPT presentation?

Thanks,

Joan

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:24 pm   Post subject: Re: audio missing in SCORM output

I solved the problem with the missing audio by saving the PowerPoint in version 10 and reinserting the audio files.

I still have the question about the video quality however.

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:37 am   Post subject: Re: audio missing in SCORM output

To raise video quality in the converted Flash file please go to Publish menu --> Compression tab --> Video Compression area --> move the slider next to "High Quality", e.g. 900 kBit/s.

As for the limitation for the number of slides in a presentation, he only limitation that you can have is the maximum size of a Flash movie set by the Flash format developers. You can learn more about this issue on the official Adobe website here:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/144/tn_14437.html

Profile profile test