Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:43 pm   Post subject: Sync Audio with Slide transitions?

I'm trying to get the Synchronize Presentation Narration to work accurately while having slide transitions. Here's my test setup: I have a 16 slide presentation with a 30 second audio playing across slides (the narration). I want to advance a slide automatically every 2 seconds. Each slide has a fade-in transition set to Fast (according to my calculations this takes 0.5 sec per slide). I perform the Sync task from the iSpring toolbar and click a slide every 2 seconds. Yet when I play back the presentation, the slides are lagging behind the audio (the original clicks), about 0.5sec (the fade-in transition) per slide. So when I get to the end of my 30 sec audio I'm only at slide 13 (which should be at the 24 second mark).

What's interesting is that if I use Powerpoint's Rehearse feature, the timing is perfect across all slides.

Why does iSpring Sync not take into account the slide transition when I've input the correct timing during the Sync operation?

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:36 pm   Post subject: Re: Sync Audio with Slide transitions?

I would say the next regarding audio sync problems. Flash technology is not so accurate in synchronization complex animations and long sounds. There may be little shifts which depend on capacity of your computer and complexity of animation, effects and transitions that you apply in PowerPoint.
Try to attach sounds using Import Audio button on the iSpring toolbar. Use PowerPoint animation timeline to shift start position and duration of the animations on the slides.
The next iSpring 6 release which is scheduled at the end of October. It will have significantly improved conversion engine and animations with transitions will work more flawless.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:19 pm   Post subject: Re: Sync Audio with Slide transitions?

Well I am having the same problem and it is year 2013! I need to say that I am really getting frustrated with iSpring as its features are missrepresented. First, it is not so easy to use and second it does not work.

My slides are animated, because they are intended to be used for on-line training and I need to keep students engaged. I imported all audio files that I previously recorded with Audacity, because Audio Record capability in iSpring produced non publishable quality of sound (choppy and interrupted). Then I used Synchronize in Narration Editor to synchronize audio with my slides. After enormous amount of time I finally managed to somehow synchronize a few slides. But when I looked at them in a preview it is all messed up. Audio progresses much faster than video, even faster that it is the original length of the audio file. The same problem was reported back in 2011!!!! and still has not been resolved. In addition, my audio clips were trimmed, so I need to start now all over again manualy adjusting each clip.

I would like an honest description of iSpring capabilities so that I quit wasting time and start being productive.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:29 pm   Post subject: Re: Sync Audio with Slide transitions?

Thank you for posting here. Since 2011 synchronization tool has gotten a lot of improvements.

This problem could be related to many different factors including audio drivers or codecs in your system. To troubleshoot this problem we can send you general instructions via email or set up a remote assistance session.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Sync Audio with Slide transitions?

I would appreciate if you can e-mail me the troubleshooting guide.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:29 am   Post subject: Re: Sync Audio with Slide transitions?

it's now 2015 and I have just purchased iSpring River (old name: SlideAlloy) as I only need to sync prerecorded audio into Power Point Slides and then save to video or publish on youtube. These are basic slides with no animations and hardly any graphics yet I am having the same problems. When I rehearse the show and save the timings in Power Point it's perfect but as soon as I convert using iSpring River the audio start to lag behind the slides around half way through the presentations and get's worse towards the end. Very frustrated by this and need a fix as quickly as possible.
Note: I use Audacity for the recordings...

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:50 pm   Post subject: Re: Sync Audio with Slide transitions?

Thank you for posting here!
For sure, I will contact you via email shortly.

Profile profile test