Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:51 am   Post subject: A few suggestions for QuizMaker

I have been using the trial version of QuizMaker 6.0 beta. So far I am impressed, but there are a few small things that I think could be improved:

1. A simple text editor (fonts, colors, bold, etc.) for quiz questions would be nice.

2. Options for audio/video content: I would like to have the option to auto-play on start (useful for timed quizzes) and also to disable the stop/pause buttons. I plan to use this program to create English listening quizzes, and would like the option of not allowing the student to listen to a question more than once.

3 Quiz timer controls: there are two issues here: first, it would be nice to have the first slide contain the quiz name and instructions, and the timer to start only when the student clicks the 'Next' button to begin the quiz. Second, currently if the quiz times out, the results are automatically emailed - that's fine, and exactly what I want. But if the student simply closes Flash Player before the time is up, nothing is emailed, so in effect the student can view the quiz as often as he or she likes before completing it. This may be a limitation of the player, but is there some way around this? I would like the students to have only one chance to view the contents and answer the questions.

So. combining 2 and 3, what I'd like to see is a quiz in which the student opens the file, reads the splash screen with instructions, and clicks 'Next'. The quiz then begins with an audio file and the quiz timer starting automatically. If the quiz times out OR the student exits the program, the results are emailed to me.

These are fairly minor issues, but would add to the products useability for me.

Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:35 pm   Post subject: Re: A few suggestions for QuizMaker

Hi, thank you for using our forum.

1) Text editor is already added to our development plans. One of the future versions of iSpring QuizMaker will definitely have this feature.

2) I will add your suggestion to the feature request list. Perhaps the media controllers for quizzes will be improved in the future versions.

3) Actually, this is more of an LMS (learning management system) option which cannot be achieved via quiz settings. The issue is that is you use any LMS (e.g. Moodle), your account database preserves all records every time a student opens a course. Thus you can always find out whether a student completed the course at once or opened it several times.

I can add that the next version of iSpring software will provide a new option to limit the time when a Flash course will be visible: e.g. you can make the file valid for one day of one month. After the expiration date no one will be able to view the course.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:37 am   Post subject: Re: A few suggestions for QuizMaker

Hello Stacy,

Thanks for your quick response. I'm happy to hear that text-editing functions will be added. The other matters are fairly minor (though I still think it would be useful to have the ability to sync the timer to a button).

Anyway, after several more hours spent playing around with the program, I'm sold. I've already put in a request to my company to adopt QuizMaker for our education program.

Pat

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:00 pm   Post subject: Re: A few suggestions for QuizMaker

Thank you for your response! I hope you will have even more positive experience using iSpring QuizMaker for your projects.

And just a quick reminding that all our customers who purchase iSpring software now will get the upgrade to the 6th version absolutely for free

Profile profile test