Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:02 am   Post subject: QuizMaker 6.0 survey question bug?

I've created a graded quiz which includes a Fill in the Blank survey question to collect the user's name and employee number. I want this question to be mandatory (user may not skip), and have specified it as such. However when previewed or published, I'm able to click the Next button and complete the quiz without filling in this information.

The "Allow user to skip survey questions" box is not checked in the Settings menu. I also de-selected "Allow partial answer" - but this survey question can still be skipped.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Pat

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:08 pm   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker 6.0 survey question bug?

Hi, thank you for your questions. Perhaps students are allowed to finish a quiz without answering all questions. Please disable this setting in the Settings menu --> Navigation tab --> uncheck the check box "Allow users to finish without answering all questions".

Plus, please disable the "Show a subset of xx random questions" in the Navigation tab too.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:40 pm   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker 6.0 survey question bug?

Hi Stacy,

I tried both your suggestions, but I could still skip the survey question. Also, when reviewing the completed quiz, the feedback for the survey question was "Ansered" - despite the fact that both fields were blank.

Pat

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:52 pm   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker 6.0 survey question bug?

Please send us the converted quiz and screenshots of all the used settings to support@ispringsolutions.com. We will be glad to research the issue and find a possible solution for you.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:42 am   Post subject: Re: QuizMaker 6.0 survey question bug?

Will do, thanks!

Profile profile test