Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:27 pm   Post subject: Teaching English using quizmaker

Hi All - I hope you can help

I'm trialling Quiz maker at the moment as I plan to use to make quizzes for English language learners. I've already created a blog using word press as a place to host my resources but I can't upload SWF files to this. Would it be a good idea to host the files created by quizmaker somewhere else and then simply hyperlink from my Wordpress teaching blog / website? How do I do this, do I need to FTP html, javascript, swf files to a server where I pay for hosting? I've no idea about any of this and simply want to use quizmaker effectively and allow English learners to access my site (free of charge). I really need some effective, simple solutions - all help much appreciated.

Regards

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:51 pm   Post subject: Re: Teaching English using quizmaker

You will need to rent space from a web hosting service to host your website. You will need a URL such as inglishteacher.com. I have no idea how much either costs but neither is expensive. I doubt if ingishteacher.com is available so you will probably have to select something other URL.

Use Filezilla to upload your quizzes to your web hosting service. Filezilla is free. Do not put the quizzes in the root directory. Mine are in a directory called /html/presentations/whatever.

You will need to know the host name, user name, and password to use Filezilla. They will be provided by the web hosting service. You will also have the email address of anything@inglishteacher.com.

I am not an expert at this so my solution must be simple. Listen to any other advice you get.

Profile profile test