Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:30 am   Post subject: HELP!! Problems creating one .swf file. . .

I downloaded the trial 6.0 version of iSpring Pro and I would like to have one .swf file to upload/e-mail to my students. The problem lies in the fact that when I render the .pptx, it creates a folder with a lot of different files, including the audio files. That stated, I can't upload just the .exe or .swf file.

Does anyone know a solution? I have unchecked the "detach" audio, video, etc option in the "Advanced" menu with no luck.

I used an earlier version of iSpring that worked perfectly, so. . . fixing this issue will help me decide whether to make the new purchase.

Thank for any help!

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:24 am   Post subject: Re: HELP!! Problems creating one .swf file. . .

It seems that the presentation is converted into separate slides mode. If you need to create one single Flash file, please go to Publish menu --> General tab --> Flash Output area and check the check box "All in one Flash file". If you do not intend to embed the Flash movie to a website/blog, you can also uncheck the check box "Generate HTML"

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:53 pm   Post subject: Re: HELP!! Problems creating one .swf file. . .

Thanks for your suggestion--I tried before, but gave it a try again. It did not work. It produced data files (audio), autorun.ico, autorun.inf and html files. It still detached the audio and I need it in one file---

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for you help!

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:04 pm   Post subject: Re: HELP!! Problems creating one .swf file. . .

Thank you for your response.

autorun.ico and autorun.inf files are always created in case the "Publish to CD" option is selected. If you do not intend to burn the converted Flash file to a CD, please choose the "Publish to Web" tab in the left column of iSpring Publish window. This way you can simply convert the presentation to a local folder without additional auto-run files. You can learn more about publishing to a CD here:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/ispring-pro/tutorials/publish-for-cd-dvd.html

index.html and Fixprompt.js files are produces in case you check the check-box"Generate HTML". You can deselect this option if you don't need to upload the converted Flash file to your webpage or blog. Please read more about publishing to web in this article:

http://www.ispringsolutions.com/kb/faq/pro/36-how-can-i-publish-my-presentation-on-web.html

Also I have consulted with our developers regarding the detached content in the 6th version of our software. iSpring Pro 6 supports ActionScript 3 and uses new conversion technology. Currently all quizzes, interactions and narration files created with iSpring are stored in the separate "data" folder after conversion due to some technical Flash limitations. Though if you choose to convert a presentation using ActionScript 2 (legacy players), all this objects will be integrated into single Flash file. We will definitely continue to work on improving our conversion technology in the future.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:05 am   Post subject: Re: HELP!! Problems creating one .swf file. . .

I have had exactly the same problem. Not that I clicked the CD option, nor forgot to pick "all in one." Ispring creates a separate folder called "data" which has many mp3 files, each of which corresponds to one slide.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:48 pm   Post subject: Re: HELP!! Problems creating one .swf file. . .

This is the way how it is done in the current version of iSpring. All the embedded audio is saved separately from the main .swf to create more stable structure and avoid some issues.

We are in the point of improving this logic so sound will be stored inside .swf in next releases 6.x after a month or two.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:44 pm   Post subject: Re: HELP!! Problems creating one .swf file. . .

Mikhail wrote:
This is the way how it is done in the current version of iSpring. All the embedded audio is saved separately from the main .swf to create more stable structure and avoid some issues.

We are in the point of improving this logic so sound will be stored inside .swf in next releases 6.x after a month or two.

I have 6.1 and am I correct in stating that this is still not in place yet? I am trying to publish my presentation (10 slides) into 10 separate swf files which each of them having the audio in the appropriate swf file. When I publish them now regardless of "detaching" or leaving them in the swf this still makes a data folder with the audio files in them. Any update on this feature?

Actually, it doesn't even export the audio at all. I apologize for not mentioning that. I simply just get a SWF file, no audio.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:46 pm   Post subject: Re: HELP!! Problems creating one .swf file. . .

No it is already included in 6.1 version. If you record sound with iSpring and don't detach it at the Advanced tab -> Audio files, it will be saved inside of an output .swf file.

Probably you have some problem with updating the new 6.1 build. Please contact us at our email with the screenshots of your publish settings, source files (PPT and resources folder with the same name as your PPT), and output files (swf, index, data folder).

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:07 am   Post subject: Re: HELP!! Problems creating one .swf file. . .

Mikhail wrote:
No it is already included in 6.1 version. If you record sound with iSpring and don't detach it at the Advanced tab -> Audio files, it will be saved inside of an output .swf file.

Probably you have some problem with updating the new 6.1 build. Please contact us at our email with the screenshots of your publish settings, source files (PPT and resources folder with the same name as your PPT), and output files (swf, index, data folder).

Does this work for imported audio and not recorded audio? I did not record audio with iSpring. I imported my own MP3s. We have a professional narrator doing our audio and it's not practical doing recorded audio.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:34 pm   Post subject: Re: HELP!! Problems creating one .swf file. . .

Well yeah it doesn't really matter if you have imported or recorded the audio in Manage Narration tool. In iSpring 6.1 everything will be saved in the output .swf file.

Please contact us via email to continue solving this problem because it seems to be a weird thing that should not be. I have mentioned the files we would need in this thread above.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:35 pm   Post subject: Re: HELP!! Problems creating one .swf file. . .

Mikhail wrote:
Well yeah it doesn't really matter if you have imported or recorded the audio in Manage Narration tool. In iSpring 6.1 everything will be saved in the output .swf file.

Please contact us via email to continue solving this problem because it seems to be a weird thing that should not be. I have mentioned the files we would need in this thread above.

I have sent an email into support this morning. Any method of contacting me is fine. I just want to get this working as advertised. Thank you.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:14 am   Post subject: Re: HELP!! Problems creating one .swf file. . .

so I contacted support and got this response. I wanted to post it to let everyone else know about this. This is in relation to my problem of not being able to export individual slides as swf with narration included in the swf file. Here is their response:

Quote:
Thank you for your message. I am very sorry if there is misunderstanding between us.

I have asked the development team about the standalone slides functioning. The issue is that this conversion mode is designed for the developers who has their own system/application with navigation and control options to play Flash files. So if you convert a presentation into separate slides, they are converted without a player ("None" player template) and iSpring-created narration i.e. only PowerPoint slides as they are. So if you need to have separate Flash slide with the voice-over, the only way is to insert the audio files into slides via standard PowerPoint "Insert" method.

Mikhail , I am guessing that what you are thinking of is actually not implemented. The only way to get audio is to use the import audio tool and not the manage narration tool. This is something that is not a viable solution because I need to easily sync audio with the animations. Is this the case or is the support response not correct? We have our own player and controls that we made and am looking for a solution to output the slides. In this case, this product simply doesn't do what we need. I hope it is something that is implemented soon but as it stands now it doesn't behave the way we need it.

Profile profile test