Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:21 am   Post subject: Publish fails with Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

Using iSpring Suite 6.0, I created a one slide presentation with PowerPoint 2010 on MS Vista. The slide has a couple of graphics and I used the iSpring YouTube video insert feature. When trying to publish I received a Windows "Data Execution Prevention (DEP)" error dialog and the publish does not complete.

iSpring Suite recognized the publish failed and prompted to email troubleshooting files to iSpring. The emails bounced do to invalid email address produced by the tool. I re-forwarded the email to support@ispringsolutions.com and added a couple more files (a screenshot of the Windows DEP help dialog and the .pptx).

Edits:

The offending module appears to be "RioSvr.exe".

MS Help:
How can I prevent DEP from closing a program I trust?
First, see if a DEP-compatible version of the program is available by visiting the software publisher's website. If the publisher has not released an updated, DEP-compatible version of the program, you can turn off DEP for the program that was closed. You will be able to use the program, but it might be vulnerable to an attack that could spread to your other programs and files.

If you choose to turn off DEP for a program, it's a good idea to check frequently for an updated version of the program and, after you update it, to turn on DEP again.

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:59 pm   Post subject: Re: Publish fails with Windows Data Execution Prevention (DEP)

Thank you for posting here and for the message at our support email, we will answer you in person if you don't mind.

Profile profile test