Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:01 pm   Post subject: Overlapping Audio when navigating between slides

Hi,

Is anyone else having troubles with the audio in iSpring 6.0? I have an e-learning course with an audio clip imported into Narration editor for each slide (1 clip per slide).

When I publish to the web and use the navigation controls to quickly flick between slides, the audio from all slides mixes up and starts playing simultaneousely in a terrible mash up of all tracks.

E.g. click on slide 2 then immediately slide 3, 4, 5,6 and you'll end up with the audio from slides 2-6 all playing simulataneousely. I have configured powerpoint transitions to "stop previous sound" but the problem persists and is reproducible in the 3 course presentations I have created with iSpring 6 so far.

This is a deal-killer for us and if there's no workaround we're going to have to go back to using Articulate. I have already submitted a support ticket but there's been no response yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks for your help,

Rich

UPDATE: if you use a single audio file spanning all slides, the problem seems to be eased somewhat. It's not fixed since it is not always convenient to use a single clip. Apart from that there is now a rather large audio track which has to be preloaded and someone harvesting the audio from their browser cache has an even easier job now since it appears as a single file.

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Overlapping Audio when navigating between slides

Same problem. : (

iSpring folks, this has been a problem since last June? Kinda a big one . . .

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Overlapping Audio when navigating between slides

I just purchased the software yesterday and I'm having the same problem. I initially thought it was just playing locally, but now it's doing the same on the webserver. This is a big issue and my client is not happy with the results. Any solutions? I'll begin experimenting today.
Thanks

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:36 pm   Post subject: Re: Overlapping Audio when navigating between slides

Dear Readers,

I have create a sample with an audio clip imported into narration editor. So far I don't have any problem with the mixes up audio from
multiple slides issue.

Here is the link:
http://ispring.com.my/sample/lhdn2/index.html

You can play around and quickly flick between slides and see whether the mixes up problem still occur. I think the initial problem was due to slow internet connection.

Nazrul

Profile profile test