Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:23 am   Post subject: Hyperlinks from slide master

I created a menu bar with several buttons. Each button represents a section of the lesson. Each button has an hyperlink to the first slide of the appropriate section. The menu bar with hyperlinked buttons was built on the slide master so that the menu bar would appear on all slides. I can play the PowerPoint slideshow and the buttons work as planned. However, when I publish the presentation to the web, the buttons do not behave as hyperlinks (mousing over the buttons does not show the mouse pointer as a hand either).

Is there an iSpring setting that disallows hyperlinks from the slidemaster?

Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Hyperlinks from slide master

Thank you for describing the issue. It seems that the hyperlink is applied to the text only while the shape of the button has some style effects on it. In this case the whole button is converted into a raster image and the hyperlink gets lost.

To settle the issue, please apply the hyperlink to the whole shape instead of the text. This way the link should be functional in Flash.

If the problem persists, please send us the original PPT presentation and converted Flash file for research to support@ispringsolutions.com. Our engineers will be glad to help you to resolve this issue.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:32 pm   Post subject: Re: Hyperlinks from slide master

Stacy,

As I noted, the menu bar was added to the slide master. Rectangle graphics, with no fill or line color, were placed on top of each menu tab graphic. The hyperlinks were attached to the no-color rectangle graphics. Which sounds essentially like what you are describing.

I will experiment with this some more.

Profile profile test