Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:18 am   Post subject: Kinetics - Directory sizing

I have created a lesson that utilizes a menu bar at the top of each slide. One of the slides is Glossary. I inserted a Kinetic - Directory on the slide and resized (pulled down the top border) the Kinetic object so that the menu bar would display. The menu bar displays above the Kinetic object placeholder when played in PowerPoint slideshow. However, when published, the Kinetic takes of the entire space of the slide (covering the menu bar). How do I control the size of the Kinetic object when published? I need the menu bar to be visible above the Kinetic object.

Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Kinetics - Directory sizing

Thank you for your post.

iSpring Kinetics works in the same manner as iSpring QuizMaker when it comes to inserting objects to slides: quizzes and interactions occupy the whole slide. It is not possible to decrease their size and make them cover just a part of a slide.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:22 pm   Post subject: Re: Kinetics - Directory sizing

Thank you for your post.

iSpring Kinetics works in the same manner as iSpring QuizMaker when it comes to inserting objects to slides: quizzes and interactions occupy the whole slide. It is not possible to decrease their size and make them cover just a part of a slide.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:27 pm   Post subject: Re: Kinetics - Directory sizing

Stacy,

Thank you for your reply; however, having the Kinetics and QuizMaker objects occupy the whole slide rather than being able to position the object on a slide with other information is problematic for anyone trying to create e-learning with user controlled navigation built into each slide.

Is there a way to save a Kinetic interaction as a Flash file outside of PowerPoint and then insert the Flash file as an object in PowerPoint (not using the iSpring tab) that can be sized, positioned, etc.?

If not, do you have any suggestions for how to maintain my menu object (which controls user ability to navigate to different sections of the lesson) and make use of the Kinetics objects and Quizmaker objects?

Thanks.

--Kevin.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:30 pm   Post subject: Re: Kinetics - Directory sizing

Stacy,

The more I think about the use of Kinetics objects, the more I wonder how anyone handles navigation in a presentation that has embedded a Kinetics object. Does iSpring assume that users will always only use a linear presentation (e.g. Slide 1 - Intro, Slide 2 - Kinetics Interaction, Slide 3 - Some other content, etc)? I can link from anywhere in the presentation to a slide that has a Kinetics interaction, but then how does the user navigate away from the slide with the interaction? Say back to the slide they came from or to some other specific slide? More specifically, how can I control the navigatio (i.e. I want the learner to click a control that will present a specific slide after having used the slide with the Kinetics interaction.)

Thanks.

Profile profile test