Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:52 pm   Post subject: Inserting Quizzes into PowerPoints

This might be a rather silly question. Either I can't figure out how to use the Quiz Maker within PowerPoint or it's not working.

I have the iSpring Suite. When I try to insert a quiz into a PowerPoint, I click on the orange Quiz button on the iSpring Pro ribbon. It lets me create a quiz on a separate window. Then I publish it and create the swf file then I save and close the quiz.

Doing that does not necessarily insert the quiz. My workaround is once the swf file is created, I click on the Flash button on the ribbon to insert the quiz swf file. But I would have thought clicking on the orange quiz maker button would do it. Am I doing it wrong?

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:09 pm   Post subject: Re: Inserting Quizzes into PowerPoints

Clicking orange quiz button is the right way of inserting the quiz. After you save and close quiz in Quiz Editor — the dummy slide with Quiz title will be added to your presentation's slide. It will be turned into the real quiz after publishing to Flash with iSpring. Until then it stays as a dummy slide.

You also can publish a separate quiz right from Quiz Editor window if you need just a quiz, without presentation itself. However inserting the quiz with Flash button to the PPT will loose some interaction with LMS and could cause some random issues (especially if not using Detach Flash Movies option in Publish settings).

Profile profile test