Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:24 pm   Post subject: Viewing SCORM files once they are published

We used to publish our PowerPoint/iSpring files to *.html, but have moved to publishing them to SCORM to maximize use in our LMS system. I used to be able to view my video without having to upload it to an LMS system when I had *.html, but now it seems like the only way I can view the final product is through an LMS system. Is there any other way to view my SCORM files? A lot of time is wasted between uploading, deleting, re-rendering, and re-uploading.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:39 am   Post subject: Re: Viewing SCORM files once they are published

Thank you for your question.

Yes, sure, you can view the converted Flash course on your machine before uploading it to your LMS. A SCORM package includes many files which are required for normal course integration at LMS.

To view the Flash presentation itself, please open the generated folder, proceed to "res" sub-folder and launch "movie.SWF" file. This is the Flash course file.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Viewing SCORM files once they are published

I opened my *.swf file as per your instructions, and it only shows the player, but it doesn't run. I'm assuming this means that when I published my PowerPoint (to SCORM), I am selecting something wrong? Any suggestions on what to do if the *.swf file isn't playing?

Thanks.

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:02 am   Post subject: Re: Viewing SCORM files once they are published

Thank you for providing this information.

If it is possible, please send us the converted SCORM package and screenshots of all conversion settings that you use (Publish menu --> all tabs from General to Learning Course) to support@ispringsolutions.com.

You can indicate my name in the topic of the message to speed up the research process. I will be glad to help you with this issue.

Profile profile test