Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:37 am   Post subject: Fails to send results - from server

I am trialling QuizMaker and so far it suits my needs however I am having a problem getting my quiz results to be sent.

I was working locally until I read about Flash Security issues, so I published all the files to the server, unfortunately it still complains that the results have failed to send.

How can i trouble shoot this? - i can see on the web server access logs that their are no requests for the results URL. Is there a generic URL i can test with, just to prove it has nothing to do with the receive script?

Appreciate the help

Simon

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:26 pm   Post subject: Re: Fails to send results - from server

Please send us the error report at our support email with the screenshot of the Quiz settings -> results page.
Also see the related topic at our website here:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/articles/sending-quiz-results-to-server.html

Profile profile test

Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:43 am   Post subject: Re: Fails to send results - from server

Hi, thanks for following up.

I have since realised that the results are being posted to the server (and consequently being written to my DB) but the user still receieves an error message that says that the results can be sent to the server.

What can i send to you? - a screenshot, or is there a log file.

Thanks for the link, i had read that article before posting.

Simon

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:10 am   Post subject: Re: Fails to send results - from server

Once you publish it in the Internet, there won't be any issues with sending results.
Please notice that you might face issues with sending results when running Quiz at the local computer due to Adobe global security settings for Flash.
These both options are good to be a workaround for this problem with the error message.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:38 am   Post subject: Re: Fails to send results - from server

Hi, thanks for following up.

The quiz has been published and still returns an error saying it cant send the results. I can see though, that the results are sent.

Is there anything further I can do?

Is there any differentiation between publishing on an intranet or internet webserver?

Simon

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:46 pm   Post subject: Re: Fails to send results - from server

There are no huge differences between publishing to LAN server or to Internet server in terms of appearance. However I would recommend you use Global net for publishing of Flash content because of these restrictions.

Could you please make a screenshot of this error message about impossibility to send results, describe your case with the link to this thread and send this report to our support at ispringsolutions dot com?

Profile profile test