Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:40 pm   Post subject: Accessibility?

Me and my colleague have recently started using iSpring Pro to display lecture slides on our VLE. I was wondering how accessible it is or if indeed it actually is at all accessible to screen readers?

Profile profile test

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:14 pm   Post subject: Re: Accessibility?

Our products doesn't provide text-to-speech features. iSpring does allow to record audio narrations, so you can create narrations by reading the notes off for the slides. Find out more in the iSpring User Manual at:
http://www.ispringsolutions.com/help/in ... audio.html

As far as I know there is no text to speech software available for reading text from Flash movies.

Have a great day!

Profile profile test

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:56 am   Post subject: Re: Accessibility?

Dear Team,

Jaws for Windows (FreedomScientific) is a powerful screen reader, which works well with flash if the accessibility guidelines as setout by Adobe for flash developers are kept in mind while designing flash content.

I am actually looking at ISpring Solutions' Suite, and I am having the same issue, as catering to visually challenged population is one of the important area for my focus, and I want to make sure that creation of accessible flash content is easy for non-technical users using ISpring. Will be obliged if you could assist me in that regard.

Profile profile test

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:35 pm   Post subject: Re: Accessibility?

iSpring Suite 6 yet doesn't have the tools for screen readers. It's available in iSpring Pro 7 only at the moment.

Profile profile test

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:10 am   Post subject: Re: Accessibility?

That is indeed a fantastic news! So, if I understand it correctly, then ISpring Pro 7 only allows you to convert PPTs into flash / html. Then what about making quizzes accessible? Because I also need to design quizzes, and I have to provide them in an accessible format.
Also, any guide on making content accessible with screen readers using ISpring Pro 7?

Look forward for some assistance on it.

Regards,
Amar Jain.

Profile profile test

Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:36 pm   Post subject: Re: Accessibility?

There is no any guide, iSpring Pro 7 will make HTML5 presentations already available for screen readers. Flash content won't be recognizable for reading though.

Profile profile test